Quality Assurance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQUALITY MANAGER
The Manager is responsible for product line support for customer centric quality objectives. This includes customer and quality system issue reduction activities, including coaching complaint responsiveness, effective problem solving techniques, timely complaint resolution and quality metric reporting. Leads the implementation and achievement of quality objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Develops and maintains tracking of customer metrics and coordinates with assigned plants to address and resolve all issues including creation of plans to achieve customer and/or company quality targets.
* Works with plant cross-functional teams to support customer issue resolution including product containment, problem investigation, team problem solving and countermeasure planning and implementation, internal/external reporting and material disposition for customer complaints and zero kilometer issues. .
* Provide coaching and training on systems and tools needed for issue resolution including, but not limited to, problem solving tools such as 5 Why, 8D, etc., countermeasure implementation, effectiveness verification, , follow-up and closure. Ensure all customer complaints are tracked and ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
* Provide coaching, support, and drive Quality Initiatives.
* Daily monitoring and management of assigned customer Quality portals.
* Develop, implement, and improve common systems across multiple plants to improve and ensure timeliness of responses for customer issues.
* Develop full understanding of all customer-specific Quality requirements as per customer's Supplier Quality Manual and/or Customer Specifics documents.
* Support plant Quality in customer approvals events PPAP,
* Provide support to ensure flawless launch of new or changed products and processes
* Support plant visits by customers. Travel to customers as needed to investigate, resolve, and report on complaint and/or warranty issues. .
* Participate in and conduct internal audits system and process
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Understanding of problem solving methodologies
* TS16949 , ISO 91
* Experience with core tools including APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, SPC
* Experience with Process Flow Diagrams and Control Plan methodology.
* Knowledge of Engineering Drawings, GD&T dimensioning
* Understanding of QA Network is desired to spending hands-on problem resolution time in company plants and suppliers' plants as needed.
* Basic computer and Microsoft Office product skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong statistical and analytical skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
* Ability to travel, as required, to customers, suppliers, and to provide quality support to all company facilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, or Sciences or equivalent level of job experience
* ASQ CQE Certification a plus
* 5+ years of quality and/or engineering related experience in manufacturin