Quality Assurance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Come perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of a rapidly growing IT services company* Pragmatics, Inc. seeks a Quality Assurance Manager for a major government client.
Lead a team of quality analysts, reviewers, and auditors. Ensures quality assurance activities and results are managed effectively across all program activities. Leads development of QA architectures, policies, practices and procedures that support full lifecycle needs for enterprise and multiple solutions/software projects. Develops/provides input to plans, and quality assurance-related documents and participates in quality assurance activities. Performs development and utilization of IAW PMP, QAP/QCP or QASP, IV&V and other Plans. Participates in or contributes to quality performance metrics definition, collection, analysis and reporting. Employs and recommends improvements to quality and related process assets. Leads quality audits, reviews, inspections, structured walk-throughs, and/or demonstrations. Actively participates in program risk management activities to ensure all risks are identified and reported and appropriate mitigation activities are implemented. Identifies and brings program issues and alternative solutions to contract and team management attention, and implements corrective actions.
* Ability to lead QA Team and perform all aspects of QA management including monthly forecasting, client presentations, and staff management,
* Ability to build QA activities into the project schedule estimating resource needs and level-of-effort required, ensuring that QA schedules are current and incorporated into program EMS and WBS documents.
* Ability to perform project work may include providing documented certification for each release that individual application revision/enhancement/consolidation/migration to mobile platform has followed and complied with all standards and requirements of the SDLC, related IT policies, and SOPs, all requirements of the SOO, and of the QAP. May include activities to certify 508, security and CM requirements have been complied with. May include performing QA on the test plan, test cases and reports.
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and writing skills using the English language.
Certifications: Desired one or more of the following:
* CMSQ (Certified Manager of SW Quality);
* CSQA (Certified SW Quality Analyst);
* CASQ (Certified Associate in SW Quality);
* CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence;
* CQA (Certified Quality Auditor);
* CQI (Certified Quality Improvement Associate);
* CQE (Certified Quality Engineer);
* CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor);
* PMP (Program Management Professional);
* Six Sigma (Black/Green/Yellow belt); or
* ITILv3 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library version 3).
* Minimum 3 years of experience as a QA Team Lead; with proven ability to develop and maintain project QA process architecture for large, mission critical programs.
* Experience building QA activities into the project schedule, estimating resource needs and level-of-effort.
* Demonstrated experience ensuring QA schedules are current and incorporated into the programs EMS and WBS accordingly.
Working knowledge of:
* CMMI (Development), Level 4 and/or 5
* Knowledge OF US Coast Guard mission operations and applications used desirable
Education and Years of Experience
BA/BS (required) with 5-7 years of work experience related to quality assurance activities for major program software development, O&M operations or MA/MS (desirable) with 3-5 years experience related to quality assurance activities supporting software development and O&M activities, and two year as a Lead QA/QA Manager. Superior oral/written communications and client facing skills.
* ACTIVE TS/SCI Required
For over 30 years Pragmatics, Inc., externally appraised at CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified, has delivered state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to meet the most pressing and challenging needs of the federal government. We re seeking talented individuals who want to take the next career step upward in the areas of Agile/SCRUM software development, next generation data analytics, advanced cybersecurity and data management solutions, systems engineering, IV&V, N/SOC, and IT services support management. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Assurance Plan, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan, CMMI, Audit, ISO, CMSQ, CSQA, CASQ , CQE, CISA, Six Sigma (Black/Green/Yellow belt), Lean Six Sigma, ITILv3