Quality Assurance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONQUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for all Quality Assurance in the plant's food processing/manufacturing, he or she will be reporting directly to Plant Manager. QA Manager is responsible for daily communications of quality issues to the Plant Manager and leadership team. Responsibilities include regulatory liaison for the company, technical customer inquiries and customer/consumer complaints. In addition, QA Manager is responsible for coordinating the QA/QC staff to identify and resolve quality issues with Operations and working directly with the USDA inspector to address HACCP or GMP discrepancies and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Lead the day-to-day operations of the Quality Department, which includes Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Micro Lab, Material Non-Conformity Process and sanitation
* Establish, review and respond to consumer complaints in a timely manner
* Maintain a continuous improvement environment and be the main contact for communication among customers, outside laboratories and suppliers, and resolve any quality-related issues promptly
* Serve as the lead for validation of all changes in manufacturing process and drive the change. Inform the organization of new technologies, ingredients and processing equipment that will provide competitive edge to the company's brands
* Design and initiate test methods and programs supporting new analytical programs.
* Communication with USDA inspectors regarding directives and new policies initiated by the agency
* Initiate GMP and other Quality related audits (internal audit) of the plant and surrounding area; participate and support in 3rd party audits
* Establish, review and update Quality procedures, policies and/or work instructions periodically
* In charge of the deposition of product quality holds with the Plant Manager
* Review 3rd party Pest Control Company program and vendor approval & inspection of raw materials
* Serve as a member of the Leadership Team reporting directly to the Plant Manager
* Oversee new product and process trials, collaborating with Corporate R conduct annual re-assessment projects
* Ensure superior performance GMP's, Training, Sanitation, etc.
* Provide technical support to sanitation team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* CPG food manufacturing experience is required
* Formal training in GMP's, HACCP concepts, GFSI code, and USDA/FDA regulations are required
* Highly developed communication, leadership, interpersonal, project management skills, coupled with organizational sensitivity, and the ability to influence key decision makers at all levels
* Must act as a change agent who is able to build positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect
* Technical expertise in finding root cause of quality issues and implementing best solution possible
* Formal root cause analysis training preferred and must be demonstrated
* Ability to sift through data to find key factors that contribute to a successful product and the ability to communicate this information to non-technical plant leaders and employees
* Must be able to anticipate and prepare 3-5 year strategic vision for Quality excellence
* Experience in the meat and seafood is desired
* SQF certification is highly desired
* HACCP certified
* Knowledge of local, state and federal quality regulations is also desired
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* B.S. degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related area from an accredited university is required.
* 4+ years QA Supervisory experience in food, manufacturing environment is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,.00 /year
* Vernon, CA
* SQF: 2 years
* Quality Assurance Supervision: 4 years
* Food Manufacturing: 5 years
* USDA: 2 years
* GFSI Code: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications: