Quality Assurance Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
HACCP, SQF PRACTITIONER, FDA REGULATIONS
FSSC 22, FSMA
BI-LINGUAL (ENGLISH/SPANISH) HIGHLY DESIRED
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
LOCATION: SOUTHERN, CALIFORNIA (L.A. AREA) RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
SALARY: BASE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE + 10% BONUS
REPORT TO: DIRECTOR QUALITY ASSURANCE
Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain the quality performance of products and quality management systems. Role is the Guardian of quality compliance and challenger of all functions across the value chain to drive Continuous Improvements, support to Operations, Supply Chain, and Consumer Services, while fostering a cross functional quality, compliance and performance culture. Is responsible for the leadership and the development, implementation and management of all Quality Assurance programs and activities. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to Quality Management Systems / FSSC 22, regulatory requirements, product quality, and food safety. Utilizes tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Reports to the Director of Operational Quality with an operational reporting line to the Factory Manager.
1. HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and safety standards and lead by example to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Quality and Food Safety Policies and Procedures. Promote the culture change towards behavioral safety improvements and support SHE compliance in all Operation Quality activities.
2. FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY
* Directs and supervises the development, implementation and administration of QA activities in all phases of production at factory level.
* Drive improvements and monitor Quality Metrics/KPI's at the facility
* Promote quality awareness and ownership across value chain
* Monitor and assess performance of the qualitysystems, report its effectiveness to management and implement actions for improvement
* Verify compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits i.e. FSSC 22, SQF, Various certification schemes, FDA, USDA and customer audits.
* Identify and apply "Best Practices" within the facility or from the broader network.
* Provide the Factory team with Operational information for Allergen matrix, Rework matrix, Check-weigher tables, Net Content targets, Factory Quality Monitoring, Product Brief reviews/approvals, and Quality Brief communications.
* Manage QA related projects from inception to final reports and implementation that are based inside and outside the resources of the Department on a factory-wide basis.
* Perform other duties as assigned
3. FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY
* Factory Food Safety/Sanitation Manager and/or Hygienist, Factory QualitySystems and other relevant Factory departments.
* R&D / Product Development, Engineering, Vendors, Consumer Service, Sales & Marketing and Supply chain on Quality related matters
* Marketing by participating in Product Reviews on factory and Corporate level
* In close cooperation with the relevant QualityDirectors liaise with Consumer Services, Marketing and Marketing / Sales by investigating and communicating consumer complaint trends and resolutions
* Supplier Management by providing service (as requested) for Vendor audits, advice and follow up of actions plans
* Factory Crisis Management Team
* Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the facility
* Support to local, State and Federal agencies when requested by Corporate Quality
5. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT
* Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives
* Drive Monthly reviews of KPI's and contribute towards meeting the yearly business Goals for the Facility
* Lead Monthly Quality Reviews for the facility
Perform monthly verifications for providing support to GMPs, Environmental Monitoring and Hygiene programs in the facility
8. HEALTH & SAFETY
Ensure compliance with current legislation at all times
Support the reduction in LTA and near misses at all times
Promote good communication skills and communicate effectively to others, both internally and externally with customers
Supervise the activities of department personnel, with strong emphasis on people development and succession planning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Eight or more years of progressive experience in food manufacturing quality control/assurance management
* Good technical knowledge of environmental monitoring, allergen cleaning validations, zoning, laboratory operations
* HACCP training certificate in the last five years
* Experience implementing a GFSI standard and ability to obtain SQF Practitioner certificate or FSSC lead auditor training
* Knowledge of FDA regulations and GMPs, 21 CFR 110, 111 & 117 (FSMA)
* Knowledge of SPC
* Must be detail oriented
* Good organization and management skills
* Proven leadership development experience with a focus on performance and behavioral issues.
Proficiency in Word and Excel
Good written and oral communication
Attention to detail
Team builder, Team leader, Team participant
* Hands on Manager; Proactive, decisive, organized and possess a strong work ethic
* Exceptional leadership skills; creates an environment where the QA team work together to deliver outstanding results
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management initiates process improvements as driven by the needs of the business
* Ability to function under pressure in an entrepreneurial organization
* Effective presentation skills
* Perform responsibilities within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy
* High personal integrity; must maintain confidentiality of company information & uphold all quality principles
Read and write English
Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
Must be able to lift 50 pounds