Quality Assurance Manager 9/3/2016
Food & Beverage Company
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY: Produces the finest natural holistic pet food on the market today. It was the first natural pet food. Over the years the company has distinguished itself by offering a large variety of pet foods which include size specific, gran/gluten free and life stage options for pets. The company's ingredients are carefully selected for each recipe with an unbending commitment to quality.
LOCATION: ST Louis MO
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF QUALITY AND FOOD SAFETY
BROAD FUNCTIONS AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION: This position manages the Quality Assurance program with the company's 10+ co-manufacturers facilities to assure the on-going production of high quality and safe food products that comply with product design and meet or exceed customer and consumer expectations. The quality assurance manager is responsible to monitor implementation of and adherence to the company's quality systems. This position will also engage in consumer and retail complaints as well as state compliance registrations and regulations.
The QA Manager is a position where the incumbent will have the opportunity for growth personally and professionally.
RESPONSIBILITIES/REQUIREMENTS WILL INCLUDE:
* Monitor quality assurance functions for the site.
* Assures product safety through monitoring of testing programs, environmental monitoring and quality systems.
* Assures adherence to the company's specifications through monitoring product's manufacture and testing documentation.
* Provides direction and influence for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of all quality systems.
* Assures that all products and packs produced at the site are safe for consumption and conform to the intended product design.
* Supports the quality and product safety components of all projects at the site through quality planning, and by project oversight for compliance to GMP's and other company policies and standards.
* In partnership with the company's Product Development and plant technical resources represent the company with commercialization of all new products, line extensions.
* With leadership from Quality Director, audit site's manufacturing and quality functions.
* Provide timely feedback on performance.
* Ensure and manage adherence to the company's Pet Quality Standards.
* Represent the company at the site with respect to the quality and safety of products and the food processing environment.
* Perform mock recalls per the company's Pet's requirements.
* Perform consumer complaint analysis with the manufacturing facilities.
* Fosters positive working relationships with co-manufacturers.
* In partnership with co-manufacturer and Product Development develop product specifications.
* Coordinate with Consumer Engagement Specialist on consumer inquires of a technical nature, complaints or quality issues.
* Understand and assist with State Compliance and Registrations
* Act as a back up to Consumer Engagement for overflow and time off coverage.
* Must be able to travel up to 30%.
* Must be passionate about pets and have prior pet quality experince
* Must have experience working with third parties on oversight quality programs
* Must have proven capabilities to create and sustain collaborative relationships
* Conflict management
* Customer focus
* Problem solving
* Engages co-manufacturers
* Managing vision and purpose
* Dealing with ambiguity
KEY FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
* HACCP and food safety management
* Ideal GFSI or FSSC22000 scheme and quality management systems
* Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Sanitation and Pest Control Management
* GMP and Personnel Hygiene Management
* Minimum 4f years of experience as a Quality professional in the Pet Industry
* Basic understanding of regulatory and food law, including AAFCO Guidelines
* A Competitive compensation package for the successful candidate will include a competitive base salary, an annual performance bonus program and inclusion in the company's group benefit plans.