Quality Assurance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Pelican Products, Inc.
JOB CLASSIFICATION & DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
DEPT.: QUALITY ASSURANCE
GRADE: SALARIED- EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: VP of Worldwide Quality
To be an ambassador for Quality Thinking, and a key influencer in dissipating a Culture of Total Quality Management, with support from the Pelican Leadership team. This includes responsibility for the administration of Pelican quality, process and business improvement efforts in the manufacture of injection molded products, flashlights and Area Lighting. Work with customers and vendors on performance, quality and compliance issues. Work with Pelicans organization to monitor and coach the QA team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead Quality Assurance oversight of product release, document & records control, production and services, approval of process deviations, change management controls, compliance management and investigations.
* Oversee Quality Risk Management activities and lead Quality Engineering operations including validation, technical operations, technical troubleshooting, and CAPA.
* Oversee the ISO9001 Quality Management System and serve as the liaison to external agencies for the purposes of achieving and maintaining certifications.
* Act as the main contact for Pelican's Product Liability Process (PLP) and liaise with Operations Management to ensure adherence to the process.
* Monitor the Warranty Repair and Complaints process. Use data to identify improvements and drive projects to completion.
* Drive technical troubleshooting, operational improvements, and efficiency improvements.
* Establish and maintain Pelican KPI's and Customer Satisfaction metrics.
* Ensure that the Closed Loop Corrective Action and Customer Complaint processes are established and integrated throughout Pelican.
* Develop a unified approach to and application of Environmental Quality Management System (EQMS) to ensure compliance in all our major markets and eliminate redundancies.
* Actively participate in new product development cycles to ensure customer and defined requirements are achieved; implement new product release controls for critical quality issues and ensure the Voice of the Customer (VOC) is considered.
* Together with Sourcing, identify and engage key vendors that are crucial to the success of the Pelican group and monitor their progress and performance improvements (i.e. Supplier metrics & scorecard).
* Assist vendors in establishing inspection standards, quality tests and the appropriate records on file to meet the Pelican organizations quality requirements.
* Set appropriate goals and targets to ensure that key performance indicators are being satisfied; assist any and all Pelican departments to develop meaningful quality systems, metrics and methods.
* Ensure staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training, development, goal setting and performance management on a regular basis.
* Emphasize ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican's brand and reputation.
* Actively supports Pelican's commitment to Quality and Safety and all quality and safety objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Performs special projects and additional duties as required by the V.P. of Worldwide Quality.
* In-depth knowledge of quality assurance processes with B.S. in Quality Engineering or equivalent, 7+ years in a managerial capacity with department level budget line responsibility.
* Proven success in leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Experience in injection molded plastics design, tooling and assembly methods.
* Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, be self-motivated, detail-oriented and be able to work under minimal supervision.
* Must be trained as an ISO9001:2008 Internal Auditor by a recognized body.
* Must have excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills & be proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and/or other appropriate software.
* Must demonstrate leadership skills and interact effectively and cooperatively with employees, with a demonstrated ability to bring together virtual teams and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to use measuring tools including calipers, micrometers, inside/outside micrometers, verniers, pin gauges, height gauges, radius gauges, protractors and dial indicators.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the specified time frame and budget.
* Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice. Demonstrated success recruiting, building, developing, coaching and retaining a highly motivated, synchronized Quality Assurance team with a sense of urgency and a drive to excel.
* Must be able to travel locally and internationally.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..