Quality Assurance Specialist - Produce
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
The Fresh Market currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Specialist in Greenville, SC. This role is responsible for inspecting and evaluating the quality of produce entering our distributor's facility to ensure the product meets The Fresh Market's standards. This position will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
This position requires an experienced professional who has an expertise in produce.ResponsibilitiesMaintain quality results by following and enforcing standardsInspection of all produce coming into the facilityMonitor coolers to ensure product is handled and rotated properlyEnsure produce is shipped timely to the stores to maintain freshness and qualityCommunicate concerns to Quality Assurance Manager to coordinate corrective action communicationProvide Produce Category team with updates on quality levels of produceAbility to refuse produce at the distributor that does not meet The Fresh Market's standardsMonitor shipping temperatures to ensure produce arrives to the stores freshAuthority to refuse product that does not meet TFM's standardsInterpret quality assurance standards and enforce themAct as company representative within distributor's facility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Good critical thinking ability; problem solving
- Sense of urgency/persistence; ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years of produce quality assurance experience required
- Knowledge of general operating aspects of the produce business
- Knowledge of USDA Standards of produce preferred
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions, furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to travel within assigned territory to include occasional over nights (Travel required: