Quality Assurance Sr. Underwriting Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
The Quality Assurance Underwriting Sr. Consultant is responsible for evaluation of a commercial underwriters technical, sales, and analytical work product to measure risk acceptability and pricing quality of business written by CNA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Reviews applications and financial requirements to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with CNAs guidelines and standards.
2. Understands pricing components and rating methodology as well as use of the predictive modeling tools, prices risk based on financial and competitive analysis.
3. Utilizes internal and external data to assess the appropriateness of individual and portfolio risk decisions.
4. Uses all appropriate underwriting tools (e.g., RST, BPMT, Merlin, etc.), disciplines and knowledge of strategies to ensure underwriting guidelines are followed.
5. Examines underwriting files for compliance with CNA underwriting guidelines, authorities, process and service standards.
6. Provides analysis of audit file observations identifies trends and assists in the written communication of report findings.
7. Keeps current on state/territory issues, regulations and trends
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of underwriting processes, commercial coverages, and tools to examine and evaluate underwriter work product and decision making.
2. Minimum of 4 years of commercial underwriting experience preferred.
3. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
4. Ability to exercise judgment, negotiate and make sound business decisions effectively based on level of authority.
5. Strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems as well as the ability to learn rapidly, adapt quickly to change, exercise influence, and manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Applicable professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of eight year's work experience dealing with claims or operations to include at least five years supervisory or project management experience.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Comm Ins - Underwriting
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.