Quality Assurance Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Quality Assurance Supervisor will directly supervise lab employees to maximize productivity of assigned shifts and areas at the highest quality and food safety standards
* Train employees, plan, assign, and direct work, address product and employee complaints, and resolve problems
* Work with plant management to maximize product quality and productivity
* Ensure proper procedures are in place and being followed for product quality, employee safety, and State and Federal guidelines
* Support QA systems to satisfy internal and customer requirements including process evaluation and product protection programs, process specifications and standards, sanitation programs, HACCP and GMP programs, etc.
* Coordinate schedules and estimate workerhourrequirements for completion of job assignments
* Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
* Analyze and resolve work, quality and food safety problems, and assist workers in solving problems
* Maintain quality and food safety records
* Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
* Provide supervision in scheduling and daily activities, ensure effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management
* Train and instruct employees regarding quality and food safety standards and processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
* BS/BA - Microbiology, Food Science, Dairy Science or similar
* Minimum two years high-level plant-based laboratory experience
* GMP, safety/security policies and procedures experience
* Ability to follow sanitation and quality policies and procedures
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends