Quality Assurance Supervisor 9/18/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Coordinate and supervise salad manufacturing facility Quality Assurance and laboratory functions. Provide support for QA teams at external cooler facilities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Ensure that all quality assurance programs and procedures are being implemented correctly
* Ensure compliance to Federal, State and local regulations
* Increase awareness and evaluation of GMP s
* Enforce plant quality standards
* Monitor, enforce and further develop plant Food Safety Program
* Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
* Provide support for QA teams at external cooler facilities - some local travel required
* Support special projects and other duties as assigned
* Working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), Statistical Process Control (SPC)
* Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations
* Supervisory and training skills and experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
* Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and database Software (Access) required.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Ability to identify and distinguish colors
* Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds. Will have some exposure to fumes and airborne particles; Able to occasionally work in a cold environment (35* on plant floor)
* Ability to work overtime, weekends, rotating shifts preferred/required. Flexible work schedule is required; some weekend work required.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 3-5 years in food industry, with 1-3 years in supervision, in a quality assurance lab or plant QA Department.
* Bachelor s Degree in Food Science, Postharvest Physiology related field or equivalent experience
Soledad 023, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.