Quality Assurance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHITACHI HIGH TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
DEPARTMENT NAME: Quality Assurance Department HTA-SED
REPORTING TO TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
Operate a Zeiss coordinate measuring machine (CMM) using Calypso software. Perform manual, visual, and microscope inspection of incoming products and materials. Document inspection findings. Perform analysis of returned parts and communicate findings to other functional areas. Work within a multi-cultural and cross-functional team environment to provide resources and support.
* Inspect incoming and outgoing materials, generate inspection reports
* Inspect and analyzes returned materials, work closely with the Returned Material Authorization (RMA) team to determine the status and disposition of materials
* Develop, improve, and maintain work procedures
* Support the ISO-9001 based Quality Management System
* Perform supplier audits and publish audit results
* Prepare quality data for supplier and customer audits as well as for internal purposes
* Publish quality reports using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, incorporating photos and other graphical files
* Associate Degree in an engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics, Chemical, etc. or working to that degree
* American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Technician (CQT)
* 2 years in Quality Assurance field
* 1 years in inspection
* 1 years in manufacturing
* 1 years in semiconductor industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* CMM operation experience with knowledge of Calypso software operations
* Hands on knowledge in using common metrology tools such as calipers, micrometers, electrical meters, etc.
* First year college level math skills in Algebra and Trigonometry
* Proficiency in general computer skills and applications such as Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* Ability to read engineering drawings
* Basic mechanical skills
* Ability to produce clear and meaningful reports and presentations in English
* Able to travel out of town by planes
* Able to work in long periods of time wearing cleanroom garments: hood, face mask, cleanroom suit, safety glasses etc.
* Able to lift safely 40 lbs.
* Able to climb ladders safely
* A team player, able to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
* Proficiency in CAD software such as Creo
* Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing