Quality Assurance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Eastman Kodak Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description:
The QA Technician will report to the Quality Director, and work with FPPF operations, engineering, and commercialization teams in the Rochester, NY facility. The Quality Assurance Technician will collect, organize, analyze, document, and share quality data from manufacturing processes associated with Flexo Printed and Plated Films operations.
* Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for quality data collection, documentation, and reporting.
* Learn and utilize information systems supporting the factory for performance tracking, product genealogy, roll status, deviation reporting, SPC, and quality system records.
* Conduct quality appraisals and assist in the disposition of products.
* Collect quality data associated with the flexo mastering and printing operations including optical outputs. Additionally, collect quality data associated with plating operations including wet chemistry titrations, dimensional measurements, and product characteristics including optical and visual assessment, and microscope images.
* Independently recognize product similarities and variances and apply this knowledge to analysis and follow up activities. Characterize defects according to established defect codes.
* Conduct direct hands-on data collection on materials and manufacturing processes.
* Communicate with Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Commercialization teams regularly.
* Document and report findings and participate in the implementation of product and process improvements.
* Drive standard work in all QA functions, and train others.
* Assist in the procurement and set up of necessary QA tools, and in ongoing utilization and process improvements associated with these tools.
* Support various Design Team and Ru0026amp;D resources in planning, executing, measuring, and analyzing production experiments.
* Cross-train in Chemical Lab using X-ray fluorescence, adhesion testing techniques, reagent preparation, and solution titration.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Demonstrated experience in Analytical Equipment QA techniques.
* Demonstrated experience with microscope imaging including: transmission and reflection.
* Familiarity and experience in electrical probing and electrical testing.
* Experience in defect investigation and root cause analysis methodology.
* Familiarity and experience with X-ray fluorescence, UV-Vis for transmission, absorption, color, and haze meters.
* Demonstrated ability to act and follow through independently.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams and present results in written and oral formats.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and response to rapid changes in priority.
* Demonstrated successful team player with open working relationships, positive attitude, eagerness to learn and willingness to participate beyond the stated boundaries of the job description.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and EXCEL.
Additional Experience Desired:
* Clean room experience
* Experience with ink materials, printing systems, and polymer curing (UV and heat)
* Familiarity and experience with process mapping and statistics
* Capability with Microsoft PowerPoint, and documentation of investigations and findings.
* Experience in web coating manufacturing
Educational Requirement: AAS Degree in Science or Engineering discipline and/or 6 years of directly relevant experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Shifts: Will start on days but change to shifts to support production.
Geographic Location: USA-NY-Rochester
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It is Kodak s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment. Kodak s policy is not to discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition, in each country in which it operates, Kodak will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on any other factor.