Quality Assurance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
ST GEORGE, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The QA Tech is responsible for efficiently and
accurately performing tasks related to the testing of
product, setting of samples, and follow-thru on several
Quality Assurance programs.
* Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide
quality inspections on all related items.
* Perform of microbiological and chemical testing of
finished products, raw materials and associated items as
* Involvement in product weight control, antibiotic
testing, lab equipment maintenance and calibration and
* Maintain communication with other departments and
employees as to notify them of any problems and/or
concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
* Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and
* Obtain and maintain State certification for antibiotic
testing within company guidelines.
* Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality
system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent
regulatory, customer and SQF requirements
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any problems
and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Has the ability to flavor milk based, sugar based, and
caffeine based products.
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for
virtually the entire shift.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
* Must be able to work in a wet environment. Exposure to
chemicals. Exposure to nut allergens.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.