Quality Assurance Tester
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posted Date
Des Moines, IA
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company, Inc. is a major supplier of flexible packaging used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2014 net sales from continuing operations of $4.3 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide. More information about Bemis is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Purpose: To confirm Company compliance to requirements through inspections, record keeping, verifications, audits, data analysis and customer support.
* Awareness of and adherence to all Corporate & Site Environmental, Health, & Safety, policies & procedures.
* Performs quality testing, failure analysis, trouble shooting, and identifies trends.
* Performs and verifies receiving inspections, product testing and documentation.
* Initiates quarantines, dispositions, and controls nonconforming product.
* Dispositions product per In-Process Problem Handling procedure.
* Documents quality test results.
* Releases product.
* Performs (TMV"s) test method validations.
* Certifies product.
* Prepares quality tests and related reports.
* Performs ISO Key Area Leader responsibilities if assigned.
* Performs and is responsible for quality assurance job startup testing, documentation verification of in-process testing and other quality assurance responsibilities.
* Performs internal audits of processes, product and materials as required.
* Supports Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO operations.
* Participates in and supports World Class Operations Management (WCOM) teams.
* Has knowledge of procedures, work instructions and associated forms of ISO Quality Management Systems.
* Performs quality project work as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree in a related field preferred.
* Background in quality problem solving and planning.
* AQS or comparable auditor knowledge is preferred.
* Provide reliable information regarding product quality to give our customers assurance that the product conforms to standards and will function as expected.
* Good interpersonal skills working with customer service, managers, supervisors, production, fellow QA employees and all plant personnel.
* Good problem solving skills to aid in finding root causes of quality issues.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of plant personnel with both written and verbal communication.
* Good computer skills for working with Word, Excel, Database, Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint.
* Available to work 2nd, 3rd and rotating schedules.