Quality Control Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONChicago, IL
Suzlon established its North American operations - Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation - in 2001 with a vision to become the preferred provider of value-added sustainable power plant solutions. With a footprint across 21 states, three provinces and two countries, Suzlon is clearly committed to the North America market. Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation provides its clients with more than just wind turbines - we offer Engineering, Procurement and Construction of wind farm projects, and ongoing service and maintenance.
Suzlon's "workhorse" of a machine, the S88-2.1 MW wind turbine comprises a large majority of the company's fleet in North America, with the original S64-1.25MW turbine fulfilling our earlier projects. The company recently launched the S111-2.1 MW, the latest generation Suzlon wind turbine, and is built off the successful S88 and S97-2.1 MW platform.
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation (SWECO) is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and this positon is located in Chicago, Illinois.
* Establish Quality Control Program for new components
* Determine requirements (sampling, frequency, CTQs, pass/fail criteria) for inspection of wind turbines components
* Establish inspection program and perform inspections on sampling of serial production components
* Document and communicate inspection findings and disposition to SCM and Engineering leadership
* Compile component failure data and reporting trends
* Manage component refurbishment process
* Establish process to evaluate, document and report disposition of damaged materials/components (both incoming from supplier and returned from site)
* Evaluate and provide a disposition for damaged materials/components returned from sites for refurbishment
* Evaluate and audit supplier disposition of items deemed unrepairable by supplier
* Establish effective materials movements for each refurbishment program
* Establish and maintain tracking for refurbishment programs
* Support SWECO supplier claims and efforts for financial recovery
* Execute NCR process, document supplier claims and maintain records of outstanding recovery
* Establish Supplier Warranty recovery process (component, terms, requirements)
* Engineering Process and Documentation Control related to NCR and quality control inspections
* Support adherence to document control procedures which ensure technical documentation is released and maintained timely, accurately and in support of Suzlon business objectives
* Ensure technical documentation is issued and archived in accordance with established standardization and revision control
* Perform technical analysis for NCR, warranty and insurance claims
* Identify recurring NCR's and warranty and insurance claims of significance that require formal reporting.
* Perform Equipment Failure Investigations and contribute to Root Cause Analysis to understand recurring equipment concerns and initiate corrective actions.
* Work cohesively with OMS/Service Engineering in delivery of root cause reports, focusing on timeliness, quality and customer satisfaction
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 2 years' wind turbine field experience or Associate's degree (e.g. Electrical
* Technology) with 5 years' wind experience, or equivalent professional experience.
* Demonstrated experience in implementing and managing product quality control programs either in manufacturing or project delivery environment.
* Relevant experience in several of the following areas:
* Rotating mechanical equipment evaluation including but not limited to gearbox bearings and gears, main bearings, generator bearings, pitch bearings, and fluid analysis;
* Defining, analyzing and interpreting vibration data collected by Condition Monitoring Equipment;
* Reading mechanical drawings and use of measurement tools including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, etc.;
* Evaluation of electrical equipment, including but not limited to generators, motors, circuit breakers, relays, motors and controls;
* Reviewing and following switchboard/panel schematics, wiring diagrams, and control logic.
* Analysis of electrical equipment including but not limited to FLUKE Meters, Power Meters, Software Driven Diagnostic Tools, PLC interfaces, and Borescopes.
* Demonstrated analytical skills in the operational application of new technologies as well as problem solving of existing technologies with specific experience in managing and documenting Root Cause Analysis Projects.
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with demonstrated skill in presenting technical content in a clear, concise manner.
* Ability to work in a construction environment making use of established safety procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Hands-on applications will require ability to climb vertical ladders in wind turbine towers in excess of 360 feet and work at heights of greater than 360 feet.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary multicultural team across international borders and time zones.
* Ability to travel at least 25% of the time throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Suzlon Wind Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at Suzlon Wind Energy is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.