Quality Control Laboratory Technician - Dannon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Dannon Fresh Dairy Products is looking for a Quality Control Laboratory Technician in Portland, Oregon. With our global presence, brands, and business, our mission "bringing health through food to as many people as possible" we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
In this role you will be accountable for:
* Perform bench-top analysis of critical quality parameters in accordance with SOP s and control plan. Record data to assure that in-process samples and finished goods are in compliance to specifications.
* Conduct microbiological testing of in-process samples and finished goods in accordance with SOP s and control plan and report results.
* Hold finished product when results fall outside of acceptable range, investigate root cause and propose solutions. Assist in disposition of hold products through retest and /or providing sorting instructions to supply chain.
* Analyze data statistically looking for trends, common and special cause variation.
* Perform required environmental tests of Primary & Secondary Fluids as well as Air Quality.
* Perform audits on equipment, materials, products and procedures to assure that the lab is in compliance based on CQA (Corporate Quality Assurance) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) procedures.
* Maintain the laboratory in a clean, safe and orderly manner on a daily basis.
* Support continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the plant.
* Inspect Machines prior to and after Interventions.
* Maintain a sanitary and well stocked area.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum: Associates Degree in Science and minimum 2 years lab experience
* Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Science
* At least 1 year experience in a food-processing environment preferred.
* Basic understanding of warehouse management systems
* Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Possess good oral and written communication skills; and ability to analyze technical data to form conclusions / make recommendations
* Ability to drive results with minimal supervision
* Requires good sensory skills.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Technician, Air Quality, Quality Assurance, CSR, Technology, Engineering, Management, Quality