Quality Control Lead Technician- 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONProvides technical support to laboratory staff and internal customers. Performs routine and non-routine testing in the Quality Control laboratory. Coordinates QC department for primary area of responsibility (manufactured product, incoming materials and process validation).
* Conducts routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in-process formulations and final products to established specifications.
* Utilized and operates laboratory equipment and instruments according to laboratory work instruction including advanced instrumentation, examples include but not limited to: UV, KF, FTIR, HPLC, electrophoresis (RNase/DNase), PCR, ICP, AA, Endotoxins and Customer Supplied Methods.
* Ability to understand and follow Quality Control test methods, compendia methods (USP, EP, BP , JP or ACS ) and ISO 17025 standards.
* Calculates and reviews data generated for compliance to specifications and reports non-compliant results. Recommends acceptance or rejection of materials or products based on test results.
* Creates daily/weekly/monthly laboratory schedules for lab staff such as calibration schedules, EM activities, log reviews and nuclease testing etc.
* Performs instrument calibrations, certain scheduled Preventative Maintenance (PM) and/ or minor repairs for instruments or equipment.
* Arranges new hire training, coordinates cross-training activities and provides guidance to laboratory staff.
* Review daily/weekly or monthly logs for QC activities.
* Serves as QC representative to meetings and multi-functions project teams
* Enters final results and raw data for tested materials or products in LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) as needed.
* Conducts and documents investigations for laboratory out of specification results.
* Assists with execution or reviews data for method validation or equipment qualification.
* Revised or edits Quality Control documents in the QMS system such as work instructions, training manuals, or QC protocols following current processes.
* Creates, develops or executes work requests for manufactured products adjustments within scope of authority.
* Schedule, prioritize and/or coordinate urgent item in Quality Control; works in conjunction with QC, Operations or Sales.
* Handles hazardous materials using all appropriate or mandatory safety PPE and safety equipment.
* Completes documentation in a legible, manner, verifies and reviews for accuracy.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
* Must have applied working knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation
* Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision, have demonstrated ability to follow through on multiple projects, and be goal oriented with a strong desire for achievement
* Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Bachelor s degree in a science discipline such as Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology
* 4-6 years laboratory or related experience
* Wet chemistry and analytical instrument experience preferred (ex. Acid/Base Titrations, KF, ICP, HPLC)
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Typically works in a laboratory environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range
of temperature and noise level. At times, may be exposed to a variety of different chemicals including
flammables, corrosives, oxidizers and others.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New
alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing,
bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com.