Quality Control Manager for Federal Contractor
DOYON Government Group - Universal City, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
JOB SUMMARY: Seeking Experienced Quality Control person on Federal Projects. This position will require specific past performance and references as an approved QC Specialist on one or more Federal Contracts, this position will also assist the Project Manager.
This position has overall responsibility for reporting directly to Corporate Management and the Client and verification that we meet all quality standards on our projects. The Quality Control Specialist plans, coordinates, and oversees implementation of DPS’s quality control and quality assurance programs. This position also reviews and amends DPS’s corporate Quality Plan to keep it current and to ensure compliance in all respects with established standards, methods and specifications.
· Prepare all required QC reports on a daily basis and will provide copies of the reports to the Contracting Officer and to the Project Manager
· Ensure the project is built within contract document specifications, owner requirements, and comply with local, state and federal building codes.
· Work closely with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent to develop a schedule for submittals, and to review all submittals for accuracy and completeness, prior to forwarding them to the Design Team and Government for final approval.
· Assist the project team in understanding the contract document specifications in their discipline.
· Work in conjunction with the Government and with the Field staff to ensure quality and timeliness of project construction and completion.
· Maintaining a safe construction site through direction and training of workers, providing PPE and safety equipment and written documentation to maintain accountability of sub-contractor work force.
· Provide full-time support in the field, on the construction projects, to assure operations are planned and conducted in a safe manner.
To successfully perform this job, this position must perform all duties and responsibilities accurately and satisfactorily while complying with specific deadlines. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform this job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architect.
• 5+ years experience as a Construction/Quality Control Manager on Government projects
• Must have USACE Contract Quality Control Course Completed with the issued Certificate
• Must be able to manage other inspectors and submittal clerks, as well as coordinate independent material testing and lab work.
• Ability to process a large volume of submittals.
• Prior experience working as the CQC Manager on federal projects, or prior work for the federal government in their Quality Control program is required.
• Prior experience developing Quality Control Plans
• QCS/RMS Software required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing more than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
**Relocation fees not available. EOE AAP M/F/V/D
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance