Quality Control Manager - Market Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQUALITY CONTROL MANAGER - MARKET LEADER
Do you want to be part of a dynamic management team in the renewable energy industry This is a great opportunity to serve as the head of quality for a company that has a strong infrastructure in place and is positioned for growth. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for developing, planning, promoting and directing the quality control program and team to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established policies, practices, procedures and standards. This key role will have ownership of the quality management system, supplier quality and compliance to environmental, health and safety, standards.
* Direct, maintain and analyze technical aspects of the quality management system and perform ISO 9001 internal audits of processes and procedures.
* Oversee and orchestrate the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system.
* Establish and set goals and objectives for the quality department, Develop and manage quality metrics and KPI's (FPY, scrap, etc). Analyze and report on metrics and develop continuous improvement activities.
* Schedule, coordinate and lead all internal, external and third party audit processes:
* Manage supplier quality and ensure incoming and outgoing parts, materials and completed units meet customer and quality standards.
* Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for external suppliers.
* Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes: measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
* Provide quality assurance support to manufacturing in all area, including processes/procedures, product defects or product testing.
* Respond to and resolve any customer or supplier issues regarding quality of products or components.
* Manage non-conforming system, implement corrective actions and develops ways to improve process.
* Manage and maintain corrective action system and manage customer complaints regarding quality of products, processes or procedures.
* Lead process improvement and lean/cost reduction initiatives
* Use automotive concepts and standards (LPA, PFMI, CPAP, ISOTS) to improve quality policies and procedures
* Work with Quality, Production and Supply Chain to continuously improve company procedures and to improve the company metrics: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or other related degree required. .Equivalent combination of education and experience required, in lieu of degree.
* 5+ years' quality assurance & continuous improvement experience required. 2+ years manufacturing experience preferred.
* Prior management experience preferred. Experience in an automotive environment preferred.
* Experience developing and maintaining quality systems, implementing correction actions and resolving customer complaints.
* Must have strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, decision making, organizational and customer service skills. Must be able to motivate, coach and teach others.
* Must have the ability to efficiently multi-task, have strong attention to detail, and have the ability to respond to changing priorities and work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be achievement oriented, with a high ambition to succeed.
* Experience in lean manufacturing and 6S principles and tools highly preferred.
* Knowledge of quality systems and standards (ISO 9001 and 14001) and, environmental, health & safety standards (OSHA) preferred.
* Knowledge of automotive manufacturing concepts and standards preferred.
* Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Outlook).Experience with an ERP system required, preferably SAP. Must have advanced knowledge of QA software and statistical modeling.
* Ability to speak Spanish desirable.
Our client is global, growing, publically held manufacturing company that has been experiencing double digit growth by specializing in the development of leading edge products. They are dedicated to being a preferred employer, providing career development opportunities designed to maximize employee potential while offering great advancement opportunities along the way. To that end, they offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits packages, and an excellent working environment!
PLEASE NOTE ALL RESUMES AND CANDIDATE INFORMATION SUBMITTED ARE KEPT IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE. NO RESUME WILL BE RELEASED WITHOUT THE CANDIDATE\'S PRIOR PERMISSION.