Quality Control / Safety & Health Supervisor (291172-836)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Troy Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Control / Safety & Health Supervisor will manage and administer the Safety & Health and Quality Control Programs in a manner consistent with Corporate and governmental standards.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
* Accept personal responsibility for safety by working to maintain a safe work environment and evaluating all tasks utilizing the SLAM (Stop, Look, Analyze, Manage) risk protocol. Report all near hit incidents, unsafe acts, or situations and injuries immediately to the Supervisor.
* Establish and implement Plant safety training programs consistent with Corporate Safety and Health policies that incorporate required regulatory training.
* Conduct regular monthly safety inspections of the facilities and report any findings for corrections.
* Ensure completion and documentation of monthly employee safety meetings.
* Represent the Troy Grove Plant in the Regional Monthly Safety Meetings.
* Recommend policies and procedures to comply with state and federal safety standards.
* Accompany regulatory agency inspectors on Plant tours. Oversee correction of any identified deficiencies or citations.
* Direct activities of Company / Employee Safety Committees when appropriate.
* Distribute personal protection equipment required by Corporate and governmental regulations.
* Administer Plant medical programs, including physical examinations (x-rays) and regulatory first aid training.
* Perform tests to measure for dust, noise, and other pollutants as required.
* Supervise remedial activities for dust, noise and other types of personal overexposures.
* Investigate and report incidents for insurance, regulatory, and corporate reporting, and propose plans for the prevention of their reoccurrence.
* Administer the Plant's fire security program.
* Administer the Plant's workers compensation program.
* Oversee the Plant's visitor and contractor sign-in procedure.
* Review the Plant's quality control program as directed.
* Administer the site's QIP Program in compliance with corporate QIP systems.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
Unimin offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits + the opportunity to leave your mark on a growing, dynamic, global company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Troy Grove, Illinois, United States
Unimin is an Equal Opportunity Employer