Quality Control Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST
GATR Technologies is a fast growing satellite communications company in Huntsville, Alabama, that designs, develops, and manufactures unique inflatable satellite antenna systems. For more information about GATR, visit our website at www.gatr.com.
Utilize, maintain, and support development of quality assurance systems to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Support day-to-day quality control activities consisting of inspecting manufactured goods, supplier products, and performing final inspection of systems. Identify, contain, evaluate, and resolve quality problems. Process Return Material Authorizations (RMAs) and Non-Conforming Materials (NCMs) through resolution. Assist in developing and maintaining standardized work and material routings. Assist in training production team members in quality control processes and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Inspect incoming, in-process, and final product quality to verify conformance or identify discrepancies with known standards
* Assist with inspection, evaluation, and shipping preparation of products
* Complete and process non-conforming material paperwork and maintain records
* Assist in development of standardized work documents incorporating lean manufacturing principles
* Utilize standardized work documents and experience to train production team members
* Assist in gathering quality data for continuous improvements and preventive and corrective actions
* Assist in documenting quality processes and countermeasures
* Work as part of the Operations team to support attainment of objectives
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team atmosphere with all levels of personnel
* Attention to detail(s)
* Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
* Ability to work with shop tools and standard measuring equipment
* Understanding of and experience applying Lean, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why and 5S
* Skilled in working proactively with strong ability to multi-task toward attainment of objectives
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong computer skills and proficiency with MRP systems and Microsoft Office tools
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of two years of Production and Quality Inspection experience
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience and/or Certification with IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
* Must have the physical flexibility to kneel, squat, and bend
We look forward to learning more about you and encourage you to learn more about us at www.gatr.com. GATR offers competitive pay and excellent benefits plans. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and also make employment decisions without regard to disability or protected veteran status. We assure you that all of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.