Quality Control Specialist Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 22184 - Posted 09/15/2016 - Engineering & Technology - Bristol, Pennsylvania, US
Reporting to the Quality Systems Manager, the Quality Control Specialist manages Quality Control Operations for all production at acrylic plastics plant. This includes performing lab testing and results analysis; managing QC data in LIMS and SAP for COAs; maintaining lab instruments in peak operating condition; obtaining required calibration certs; coaching lab operators in methods/procedures; and supporting operations team in troubleshooting quality problems or customer complaints. Serves as Quality Control expert for acrylic plastic production at site. Equipment used includes, but not limited to, gas and liquid chromatographs, infrared spectrophotometer, UV-Vis and color spectrophotometer, viscometer, scales, melt flow indexer and pH meters. The successful candidate will work closely with the Quality Systems Manager to resolve customer complaints.
This position complies with all external regulatory requirements, industry best practices and internal policies and sets the example for all Quality Systems expectations. This role works in close contact with the manufacturing team to ensure operators are proficient in QC methods.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Investigate, analyze and resolve instrumentation problems.
- Introduce new lab instrumentation.
- Improve and optimize existing QC test methods, or develop new methods where required.
- Conduct Quality Control analyses.
- Provide assessment and disposition of product and incoming raw materials.
- Maintain required ISO documentation, work instructions, COA s, and records.
- Maintain and prepare equipment and standards to ensure accurate and precise analytical results.
- Maintain knowledge of Arkema test procedures.
- Arrange and collect samples and data to investigate customer complaints.
- Conduct lab operator training and maintain/write procedures to support the Quality System.
- Participates in Internal Quality Audits and follow-up.
- Maintains laboratory, equipment, instruments and housekeeping in a safe condition.
- Supports Behavior Based Safety Program by completing safety observations.
- Supports Loss Control policy, AIMS, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science required.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in an analytical chemistry lab.
- Strong knowledge of MSOffice; LIMS and SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in a variety of analytical techniques and instrumentation
- Understanding of extrusion and injection molding a plus.
- Understanding of polymer process and analysis a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage work independently.
- Experience with ISO9001 desirable.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.
Arkema Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.