Quality Data Specialist 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00035-34479
1. Clinical rounding with attention to use of evidence-based practice protocols adopted by the facility as best practice.
2. Support and message the importance of healthcare outcomes as they relate to safe and effective quality healthcare.
3. Identify needs for informational/educational sessions in various settings. Prepare necessary informative/instructive materials and provide necessary education.
4. Actively participate as a member of the patient care team, in unit activities to include shift huddles, unit rounds, interdisciplinary rounds, and other performance improvement activities that contribute to, or advance strategic goals of healthcare delivery. Strategic goals will encompass customer service, clinical processes, practice patterns, and patient outcome measures.
5. Collect data and review events through observation in the clinical setting, clinician and patient interaction, and navigation of the hybrid (electronic and written) medical record.
6. Observe clinical processes and conduct surveillance activities, with immediate intervention (just-in-time) as indicated.
7. Create and present concise, factual case reviews including pertinent elements needed for evaluation and appropriate action by peer review committees, leadership, and quality improvement teams.
8. Interpret data and integrate into healthcare practice.
9. Form ideas for process improvement, develop and engage team solutions.
10. Maintain knowledge and understanding of changing performance measurements for high quality patient outcomes.
11. Participate consistently in hospital and shared governance committees.
12. Locate, access, and understand local and national best practices and performance benchmarks related to patient experience and outcomes.
Interact with patients / families regarding less than expected care experience, facilitate action and resolution with leadership, and provide timely written correspondence for case closure.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
Experience: 3 years clinical experience
Licensure: Unencumbered Virginia license
CPHQ (may be obtained within one year position acceptance/hire date)
BLS required (may be obtained within three months acceptance/hire date).
Last Edited: 08/29/2016