Quality Director - Electronics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Vida Group International
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONOne of our clients - US diversified industrial electronicscompany is looking a Quality Dirctor to be based out of El Paso-Juarez to supervise multi-sites in Mexico. This position will assume the QualityEngineering responsibilities for all MX sites as a Director of the Quality Mgmt/Engineering group. This position is responsible for functional alignment, driving strategic initiatives, project oversight, career development and mentoring of Engineers within the group.
* Team with customers and engineering to solve customer identified product quality concerns. Utilize Six Sigma tools with a structured problem solving methodology to identify root cause and develop corrective actions for failure modes identified through failure analysis.
* Respond to customer requests for RCCA (root cause / corrective action) by providing comprehensive technical reports based on F/A and RCCA activities.
* Lead formalized root cause and corrective action teams, managing the team, implementing the improvements and documenting the findings.
* Host internal and external quality audits (supplier, corporate, and ISO 9001). When necessary, represent the operation in meetings with customers or other facilities.
* Assist the engineering team in identifying and implementing processes and procedures that reduce cost and PPM while improving product yield, reliability and customer satisfaction.
* Assist the organization in developing robust control procedures that maintain and improve the site's PPM metric.
* Support the production team in ensuring that suspect material is effectively contained with appropriate disposition to protect the customer.
* Assist the NPD and Manufacturing Engineering team in defining clear and controllable product specifications in line with customer requirements.
* Support development of comprehensive FMEA and Control Plan documents to support of quality standard. Research and develop FMEA document requirements and training materials. Provide training to FMEA developers and ensure result consistency.
* Ensure all internal manufacturing, development, supplier, and receiving inspection work instructions are correct and conform to the quality plan.
* Assist in design and delivery of quality-related training
* Ensure that only approved suppliers are used for outsourced processes and purchase of raw materials. Perform audits of suppliers to ensure suppliers comply with Division procurement procedures and meet quality standards, if applicable. Ensure suppliers complete Corrective Actions when applicable.
* Support other quality assurance initiatives and procedures as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field.
* 7-10 years of Quality Assurance Experience in a machining or assembly environment with ISO, TS or AS qualitysystemrequirements.
* Ability to review product analysis reports to provide comprehensive feedback regarding potential cause(s) and recommend additional process evaluations.
* Demonstrated understanding of process variation, statistical analysis and statistical controls. Six Sigma Green belt or Black belt certification is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated experience developing Design and Process FMEA documents and control plans.
* Bilingual English/Spanish
Resume to Bobby Wren, VP at firstname.lastname@example.org