This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Director of Quality Assurance will be responsible to plan, direct, and perform quality assurance activities necessary to ensure product compliance with specifications and contract requirements. Responsible for developing quality assurance program plans, in-process inspection techniques, equipment and facilities at various stages of the manufacturing process to verify product characteristics. The Quality Director will participate in design reviews, CCBs, and lead quality system audits to demonstrate compliance with Meggitt Control Systems quality plan and customer contractual requirements. This position is responsible for coordinating with the Engineering department and the Federal Aviation Administration in the pursuit of Parts Manufacturing Approvals. The Director of Quality is a member of the Senior Leadership team responsible for leading and developing team members and is the key point of contact with customers regarding quality requirements. The position is based in North Hollywood, CA.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Develop and administer the company quality system as required to maintain qualification, ensure compliance and/or certification to customer and industry standards
* Identifies staffing and training needs, (including succession planning) in support of company objectives, including potential new business opportunities
* Write and review Material and Process specifications
* Manage and direct the activities of inspectors and the quality engineering department to ensure consistency and compliance with customer requirements and company procedures and methods
* Responsible for development and effective implementation of the Quality Management System as embodied in the Quality Assurance Manual
* Supports organizational initiative such related to Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement activities
* Manage internal audit, corrective action and process improvement programs along with establishing effective corrective action
* Responsible for the creation, compliance and maintenance of the Quality Assurance Manual and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001:2000, AS9100 standards
* Perform all essential duties as the Quality Representative as defined in the QMS, including Management Review
* Responsible for managing data analysis and reports (e.g., SPC) including new product field performance, work center performance, and supplier quality
* Provide information for the estimate of cost on all RFQ's, N.R.E. and sustaining business efforts.
* Manages forecasts on test equipment and asset justification (CAR)
* Oversees non-conforming material handling and disposition of material
* Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects (PDR, CDR, CCB) representing Quality Assurance and the customer
* Reviews outgoing purchase orders for the inclusion of quality assurance provisions
* Reviews and approves work instructions as needed
* Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures (Statistical Process Control)
* Participates in Federal Aviation Administration activities including: Repair Station, Parts Manufacturing Approvals and Supplemental Type Certificate functions
* Manage the process for auditing and qualifying potential suppliers
* Review QTPs, ATPs, and write failure reports
* Main point of contact for the FAA's MIDO, FSDO and Europe's EASA for the Company FAA Repair Station
* Oversees the creation, modification and enforcement of FAA approved quality procedures through strong working knowledge of the applicable FARs and FAA Orders
* Ensure on time response to internal and external customers
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
* 10 years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibilities including management responsibilities
* Minimum 6 years of experience with industry documentation requirements, implementation of quality and continuous improvement systems
* Six Sigma and / or Lean Certified
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner and anticipate critical deadlines in a high volume setting
* Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
* Able to write technical procedures, reports, and correspondence and be familiar with power electronics, aerospace and military standard practices
* Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
* Ability to drive relentless root cause analyses
* Extensive knowledge of military and world class quality specifications, quality control practices and techniques
* Must be familiar with software configuration control processes
* Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.