This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Accountabilities TITLE: Quality/EHS Assistant
GRADE: 4 PAY RANGE: SCHEDULE: $15.63 - $19.42/hour, 2nd shift $1.00/hour differential, 3rd shift $0.65/hour differential
Monday Friday, 1st shift (7am 3:30pm) 2nd shift (3pm -11:30pm) 3rd shift (11pm 7:30am)
PURPOSE: To perform a variety of duties including ensuring that the quality of our products is of the highest standard and meets and/or exceeds all specifications for our customers.
Maintain a safety awareness attitude in daily performance of their assigned task and to be alert to the safety of fellow employees.
* Inspects and tests products for quality defects in the manufacturing process and reports issues and concerns to various departments.
* Ensures all equipment, guards and safety devices are in place at all times and follows safe work procedures and safety rules.
* Performs continual quality control checks to ensure product is running within specifications.
* Audits various applications to product to ensure SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) specifications are met.
* Record and analyze spoilage and non-conformance production held, record causes and take corrective actions where applicable.
* Monitors processes and reports all problems to supervision through interaction and required paperwork.
* Advise management and coach fellow co-workers on matters regarding quality and safety issues.
* Follows all SOP requirements and intercedes or challenges proper personnel when defects are present in production runs.
* Notify supervisor of any incidences of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken and of any poor quality material or supplies noted.
* Interacts and reports to/with the Quality/EHS Manager in creation and revisions for SOP s and JHA s (Job Hazard Analysis) as changes and additions require.
* Keeps area safe, clean and organized.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Help to provide training for Quality and Safety processes and reinforce these procedures.
Job Requirements REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
A high school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years of production experience, specifically in the areas of quality assurance.
An Associate s Degree or equivalent is a benefit as well as any quality related training or certification.
Experience with maintaining accurate records as well as experience with accurate measurement capability.
Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
Effective and proven communication skills (both written and verbal) working in a team environment.
A strong knowledge of computer skills with a focus on the Microsoft Office package.
Ability to travel domestically for training.
Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shift, both day and evening, and weekends if needed. Work environment may be hot given the outside temperatures.
Must have the ability to lift up to twenty five (25) pounds on occasion and regularly stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require climbing or balancing.