This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Quality Engineer
Nature of Work:
Develops, applies, revises and maintains quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products. Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment. Analyzes reports and returned products and recommends corrective action. Prepares documentation for inspection/testing procedures.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Providing day to day quality engineering support for multiple customer projects.
- Interfacing closely with manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, and quality, along with program management, in all aspects of the successfully handling customer projects.
- Responsibility, Authority and Accountability for customer Product and Process Quality including continual quality improvement, risk analysis and reduction, as well as corrective and preventive action responses
- Customer interface for all regular Quality Engineering level communication
- Quality Support for new product introductions, to include DFx
To be considered for this position, a candidate will possess, and demonstrate, the following skills, abilities, education, experience and characteristics:
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the low volume / high mix precision machining environment for non-ferrous and ferrous metals.
- Experience with and solid knowledge of one or more of the following quality management systems (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO-TS16949)
- Solid experience with standard quality tools and documentation (APQP, PPAP, pFMEA, Control Plans, Quality Plans, Gauge R & R, DOE)
- Experience with validation processes (components, process and design)
- Ability to translate customer quality requirements into executable plans
- Ability to create a culture and processes that foster change and learning
- Lean/ Six Sigma implementation experience preferred
- Skills in strategic planning, departmental management, group motivation, imagination and diplomacy are highly desirable pluses
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.