This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
HYDAC Cylinders LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONBIRMINGHAM, AL-35217
SUMMARY: Responsible for fulfilling the role of Quality expert; this is a hands-on position. Ensure the quality of the parts produced meet all customer expectations; quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
* Collaborate with customers' quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
* Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
* Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
* Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
* Effectively communicate and reinforce commitment to quality improvement efforts
* Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product lunches to meet customer requirements.
* Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
* Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
* Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
* Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
* Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
* Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of customers.
* Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, and Production, to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
* Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Adaptability - open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
* Assertiveness - readily offer opinions and take action even when their position may be unpopular.
* Business Thinking - sees the organization as a series of integrated and interlocking business processes.
* Understands general business concepts. Understands the financial framework of the organization. Establishes and monitors appropriate financial measures, using data to make informed business decisions.
* Communication - demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers and associates, both verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
* Coaching & Counseling - effectively instructs associates at all performance levels and enjoys helping team members grow, sharing authority and providing resources and support that empower. Offers clear, direct, and timely feedback.
* Conflict Management - support and manage differences of opinion. Use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
* Diplomacy - skilled at handling situations without arousing hostility. Forge coalitions.
* Energy - have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
* Influence & Positive Impact - skilled at persuading, motivating, and energizing others at all levels. Passionate, personable, self-confident, and likeable. Able to flex style and direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires. Ability to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty. Establish and maintain productive relationships and networks, utilizing them to facilitate business transactions.
* Initiative - proactive and takes action without being prompted.
* Learning agility - continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning.
* Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products.
* Quality Systems Procedures
* Work Instructions
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Bachelordegree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing or Mechanical
* Five - seven years experience managing a certified quality management system (e.g. TS 16949, ISO).
* Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechical processes)
* Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in the automotive industry.
* Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM's.
* Customer quality assurance experience.
* Previous audit experience.
SAFETY AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
* Must adhere to all safety rules in force for the location you are in while performing your job responsibilities. This includes at a customer or supplier location.
Must meet requirements for PPE in specific manufacturing areas when you are in those areas including safety shoes and safety glasses.