Quality Engineer & CMM Programmer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Buena Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Title: Metrology Engineer (Quality Engineer & CMM Programmer) Job Family: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Principal Quality Engineer, Power Systems
Works with: Mid-level managers, and supervisors, engineering, purchasing, inspectors, Suppliers and Manufacturing
Location: Buena Park, CA, USA Type: Full Time
Support Design, Manufacturing, and Quality activities in the areas of Metrology, Measurement, and Inspection. This position must also provide support to all Strategic Business Units in the areas of Product & Process Development and Improvement to ensure that all quality related procedures and specifications required by Esterline Power Systems and/or its customers are implemented and complied with. Assures the monitoring and reviewing of inspection. Provides review and approval of all new issues and changes to drawings, specifications, manufacturing job instructions, travelers, etc. utilized in' the production of deliverable products for incorporation of suitable inspection points per customer requirements. Providing statistical analysis and trending in order to implement, maintain and improve the quality of products and processes is a part of responsibility for this position. Meanwhile, the position will play a key role for quality goal achievement.
Participates in the new product introduction process to review all key characteristics of product & process and other requirements to assure flow down into internal documentation. Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Nadcap Measurement & Inspection (M&I) Accreditation Program for both facilities in Mexico and the US. Provides part programs on CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) and VMS (Vision Measurement System) for inspection on any required items (Components and Products). Manages and maintains the configuration of all part programs of ail measuring machines. Provides training for related inspectors to operate and using all measuring machines and tools.
* Provide all CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) and VMS (Vision Measurement System) part programs for inspection.
* Manage and maintain configuration of part programs of all measuring machines.
* Active participation in design reviews and NPI.
* Support design team to identify and review all key characteristics of product & process.
* Lead team in Mexico and the US to implement and maintain Nadcap Measurement & Inspection (M&I) Accreditation Program.
* Develop and maintain the corrective/preventive action system and ensure follow-up and closure of corrective/preventive action requests, as well as verification of effectiveness.
* Monitor and report status of non-conformances and findings from internal/external audits.
* Report and improve all Quality-related KPI's. Lead Kaizen events and Problem Solving events.
* Support Quality Engineers to develop, implement, and execute product and process quality plans that assure conformance to all customer and regulatory requirements.
Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with QMS procedures, work instructions and "Best Practices" throughout the facility such as First Time Through (FTT) Quality, Lean Six Sigma projects, and total cost of quality performance.
* Manage, train and mentor related inspectors (US & MEX), as well as assure inspection and test is planned, effective and efficient in mitigating quality risks.
* Select, develop and evaluate CMM and VMS Operators/inspectors to assure skills align with job expectations.
* Perform MSA / GR&R if any required.
* Communicate with the relevant departments. Participate in the ongoing product development and production activities.
* Ensures that Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP's) and the Quality Assurance Instructions (QAI's) are initiated, maintained and updated as necessary and are in compliance with all customer/military Leach specifications.
* Create First Article Acceptance Plans and methods.
* Perform First Article Inspection (FAI) if required.
* Provide leadership or support in technical problem resolution.
* Manage and support team for Nadcap Implementation & Certification. Support production and quality team to maintain Nadcap requirements in related processes.
* Actively participate in Lean and 6S initiatives.
* Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies.
* Performs other duties as required.
* A Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or University in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Quality Assurance or equivalent experience.
* MUST have experience in Mitutoyo MCOSMOS software
* Minimum of three years of experience in CMM Programming.
* Minimum of three years of professional experience in quality management; preferably in the Aerospace industry.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and recommended in Spanish. A comprehensive knowledge of AS 9100 requirements.
* Experience with Inspection and FAI per AS9102 for Aerospace Quality System Standards regulations, including planning and implementation is critical.
* Experience with quality manufacturing system and understanding of specifications, gage certification, capability analysis, data and defect analysis, variance reduction, etc.
* A sound knowledge of the application of Quality Systems.
* Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
* Intermediate level in MS Office systems such as; Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally (Mexico) on business trip assignments as required up to 50% of the time.
* Experience working in Aerospace/Defense industry
* Have knowledge or working experience with Nadcap implementation and certification.
* Proficient knowledge with process control development, and problem solving.
* Have working experience with Internal Audit, Product & Process Audit, and 8D report.
* Have working experience with US military standards
* CQI or CQT of American Society for Quality (ASQ) is preferred
* Bi-lingual Spanish is preferred
* Experience working in a Union environment.
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for Supervisors: Approachability, directing and motivating others, interpersonal savvy, sizing up people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness, analytical, teamwork, result oriented, communication skills to direct reports and have the ability to drive for results.
Esterline is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).