Quality Engineer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Since 1896, Zodiac Aerospace has been contributing to the development of aeronautics. Following our pioneering spirit, Zodiac continues to advance in aerospace equipment and systems. Currently employing over 26,000 people worldwide, Zodiac continues to support the needs of our clients through innovation and responsiveness to market challenges. Zodiac Cabin and Structures is the world's leading provider of integrated cabin interiors. Our mission is to design, certify, manufacture, and support the world's most innovative aircraft interiors and composite structures.
In a team oriented environment, the QualityEngineer ensures all aspects of delivered / finished articles are manufactured in accordance with qualitysystem and customer requirements. He/she supports internal audits, initiates and reviews corrective and preventive action activities, and collaborates with internal and external customers, regulatory agencies, as well as suppliers to ensure qualityrequirements are met. The QualityEngineer also supports Zodiac Aerospace Quality initiatives and other activities as directed.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Quality Engineer reports to the Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists in management of compliance of the activities of Heath Tecna's Quality Management System, through the application of system, product and process audits in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration, ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements.
2. Performs surveillance, source inspections, and first article inspections at supplier's facilities as needed.
3. Coordinates quality assurance program plans, maintains audit schedules, evaluates acceptance test programs and establishes quality engineering requirements for Heath Tecna and its suppliers
4. Witnesses and validates acceptance, qualification, interchangeability, and configuration and compatibility tests, as required.
5. Conducts product, system or process audits and failure investigations and provides technical assistance in resolution of quality problems.
6. Documents and issues corrective action requests as required. Helps maintain corrective action data base and verify required corrective action implementation for timeliness and effectiveness.
7. Performs trend analysis of audit results to identify quality system deficiencies.
8. Performs other duties as required by the Quality Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in related curriculum or equivalent experience/education/certification.
* Minimum of one year experience as a Quality Engineer, specific to manufacturing related quality functions.
* ASQ Certification as Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor is a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with personnel, customers, and regulatory agencies.
* Must be fluently proficient in the utilization of engineering drawings / material and process specifications.
* Must be fluently proficient in ISO9001/AS9100 Quality System requirements.
* Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and efficiently, with minimum supervision.
* Must be fluently proficient in the use of precision measurement equipment.
* Customer Focus - solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
* Accountability - takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results..* Teambuilding - Builds a cohesive team(s) to facilitate the completion of team goals.
* Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
* Communication - Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a refined ability to effectively communicate with and positively influence people at all levels of the enterprise.
* Able to work independently, set and achieve long-term goals based on strategic direction and effectively manage direct reports and other resources to achieve the goals.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a cross-functional environment.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Proficient in MS Office applications and ERP systems.
We're ready to interview immediately! For immediate consideration, please forward your resume with salary desired in either Word or pdf format.