Quality Engineer 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A) JOB PURPOSE:
Lead activities associated with providing world class product quality that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
B) RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Initiate, lead and track progress of Customer and Internal8-D Corrective and Preventative Actions. Participate on teams and assist with action as required.
* Administer and support Customer and Supplier PPAP processes.
* Support change management process. Participate on teams and assist with action as required.
* Lead and participate in Advance Product Quality Planning development for new product launches and existing production lines.
* Analyze and evaluate customer warranty data for trends and impact.
* Oversee product analysis process through destructive and non-destructive methods.
* Develop and administer reliability analysis to support predictive quality planning and product validation testing methods and results.
* Execute and manage process qualification through quality measures.
* Develop and maintain procedures that support quality system requirements.
* Provide technical leadership, training, and lessons learned through effective teamwork and communications to manufacturing, suppliers, customers, peers, and management team. Lead and participate in issue resolution as needed.
* To foster of culture of safety by: use of required PPE; following safety rules and procedures and training others; compliance with plant code of conduct; attendance at safety and health training sessions and housekeeping practice.
* PFMEA and Change Management Coordinator.
* Use of required PPE; following safety rules and procedures and training others; compliance with plant code of conduct.
* Attendance at safety and health training sessions.
* Housekeeping practice
* Perform other activities as directed.
C) REPORTING LINES AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
Peers: Current Product Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
Budget: Input into department budget
* QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related technical field from a four-year college or university.
* 3 - 5years minimum Engineering experience
* Must be available to travel5 - 10 days/month with minimal notification.
KEY JOB SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
* Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes.
* Print tolerance methods including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T).
* Inspection and gaging techniques.
* Thorough understanding of AIAG manuals for Statistical Process Control (SPC), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP).
* Strong problem-solving and prevention methods (8D, FMEA, 5why) skills.
* Strong understanding of product reliability analysis and methodology.
* Familiarity with statistical and quality analysis software (Minitab).
* Communication (verbal and written) skills for both internal and external customers.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Strong organization skills.
* Project management skills (gantt charts).
* Knowledge of the automotive industry and customers.
E) KEY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
* Problem Solving
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Decision Quality
* Priority Setting
* Customer Focus
* Drive for Results
* Process Management
* Functional/Technical Skills