This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIronRidge is a fast paced startup with tremendous momentum in the Solar Industry. We are focused on the development of breakthrough innovations and solutions for photovoltaic systems installations. We take pride in our obsession with customer experience and delight by delivering the highest quality products and unmatched customer service.
IronRidge is seeking a highly motivated and multifaceted QUALITY ENGINEER with the right blend of experience and knowledge of the following key areas of responsibilities.
* Lead the analysis and communication of product design & quality specifications to/from R&D and targeted supply base.
* Owner for developing source, product, and component specific quality inspection plans, on-going quality test plans that include appropriate documentation certifications.
* Responsibilities include inspecting and testing products at various stages of development and mass production and performing all other process validation and source qualification tasks.
* Initiate corrective actions with supplier quality processes and program as well as follow through for on-time and appropriate closure on all quality issues with suppliers and service providers.
* Facilitates the identification and implementation of continuous improvement processes, measures, and programs.
* Compiles, tracks, and analyzes statistical data sets to determine and maintain quality and reliability of all products and services.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Selects products for tests at planned stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics
* Must have experience and adept at using various instruments including, but not limited to the following: micrometers, calipers, gages, and electromechanical testing equipment.
* Directly participates and/or leads required rework of products and subassemblies that don't pass the quality inspection criteria while documenting these changes for suppliers and R&D.
* Recommends modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
* Manages and monitors assigned equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation, maintenance, and calibration.
* Directly contributes to the creation or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and checklists.
* Performs review of traceability history and other documentation for compliance to established SOP's.
* Records and maintains test data by applying statistical quality control procedures.
* Evaluates data and publishes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standard.
* Ability to accurately interpret and analyze engineering drawings and other documentation.
* Experience implementing Quality procedures in compliance with ISO9001requirements.
* Quick study, solid data analysis capability, problem solver, and completes assignments on-time.
* 2+ years of full-time Mechanical Quality Control experience working with metallurgical and/or construction products or components.
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Quality, or Materials Engineering or Sciences.
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills with ability to present effectively to target audience.
* Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems experience, along with working knowledge of entire MS-Office suite of applications.
* Demonstrated experience with tooling development, testing and qualification
* ASQ Certification (Quality Inspector or Quality Technician)
* Experience in a metals manufacturing or sub-contracting environment
* Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
* Fluency or conversational capacity in Mandarin and/ or Spanish would be a plus