Quality Engineer 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ***Qualified Candidate Must Be A U.S. Citizen***
Position Title: Quality Engineer
For over 50 years, SCI s Defense & Aerospace Division has been a leading provider of defense and aerospace electronics design and manufacturing services. From tactical communications systems to airborne communications and information processing, we deliver high-reliability solutions that keep our first responders and war-fighters connected and protected in the field.
We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates, whose background and career goals meet our needs, for the following position in our Huntsville, AL facility. Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Develops, evaluates, revises, and applies technical quality assurance protocols/methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment, and finished products. Ensures activities and items are in compliance with both company quality assurance standards and applicable government regulations. Performs analysis and identifies trends in the inspection of finished products, in-process materials and bulk raw materials, and recommends corrective actions when necessary. Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed. May assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards, such as GMPs and ISO regulations. Evaluates and analyzes the efforts in organizing, documenting, and interpreting inspection support documents and records.
Key Functions of this position:
* Develop and maintain Requirements Traceability Matrix for startup programs
* Lead and participate in Process Improvement Team weekly meetings
* Prepare and present SQA monthly reports to upper management
* Monitor and track deficiencies and present operational metrics
* Monitor FRACAS for discrepancy trends, evaluate the proposed corrective action and follow up with escalation or closure
* Review and approve procurement requisitions for Project Deliverables, Subcontracts, Work-In-Progress, and Open PRs for any project deliverable
* Review and author procedures to implement the requirements of the QA program
* US Citizenship is required.
* Minimum 2-4 years of Quality Engineering experience is required.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline is strongly preferred.
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.