Quality Engineer 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Under the guidance of the Quality Assurance Manager, assures that planning and executing cost-effective quality programs that will help ensure contractual compliance to quality requirement and the integrity of delivered product.
* Participate in the review of contract documentation for quality-related requirements; assure proper flowdown and satisfaction of these requirements through review of design and manufacturing/test documentation and development of inspection plans.
* Assist with review of any customer requirements reflecting digital product definition using CAD/CAM/CAI Data, are met when authorized by the customer for its use.
* Support the efforts to ensure that all FAI requirements (including delta) are current, or are identified as necessary to perform.
* Support the organization leadership on Lean implementation using Lean Systems as the principal tool.
* Evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing.
* Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and develop documents and test data, as required.
* Participates in providing customers, source inspectors and suppliers interface, and must work cooperatively with them and his/her program team to ensure that all contractual quality requirements are satisfied.
* Evaluate the robustness and risk of process and recommend improvement actions where appropriate.
* Provide support to cross-functional teams in problem solving for non-conformance product, quality escapements, and process capabilities (but not limited to) and establish definitive root cause and effective corrective action(s).
* Ability to execute product containment actions to protect the customer from non-conforming material arriving at their facilities.
* Participates in root cause and corrective action investigation efforts, resulting from MRB activity.
* Assist plant personnel in maintaining the Quality Systems Registration, and highlighting areas for continuous improvement.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Five S, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC and ISO 9001 / AS 9100 and Aerospace OEM Specifications and Drawings.
* Strong analytical and communication skills for internal/external customers and suppliers.
* A good memory for detail
* Conscientious, organized and meticulous - records must be accurate and maintained
* Read and understand internal procedures and policies
* Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
* Bachelor of Science or four-year technical degree required.
* Up to three (3) years technical experience is required, preferably within the aerospace or automotive industry.
* Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to utilize measuring equipment, and hands-on capabilities to work on multiple projects at the same time without supervision.
* Good math skills, familiarity with personal computer, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Internet, and Baan (MPR system) required.