Quality Engineer III 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a QUALITY ENGINEER III that will be a part of the Quality Assurance (QA) Group. Position will be responsible for a wide variety of professional Quality Engineering technical work which requires extensive application of Quality Assurance Engineering principles and concepts in support of the Divisional QA functions. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
* Performs professional technical assignments requiring the full use and wide application of established Quality Engineering principles, theories and concepts
* Identifies and prepares QA requirements for major proposals by reviewing requests for proposals (RFQs) and other customer proposal documents. Establishes an effective interface with the Proposal Team to provide a cost effective QA Program that meets the customer needs and contributes towards a successful contract award. Composes QA technical/management section of proposal. Analyzes each QA bid for adequacy.
* Directs the development of Quality Assurance Program Plans and contract review. Determines and clarifies interpretations of contractual Quality requirements and bid strategy and disseminates to QA functional groups involved with the program.
* Represents QA management in design reviews and Configuration Control Board activities by reviewing and approving the release of all Engineering documentation for Prototype and Production phases. Considers and approves subsequent changes when deemed necessary and appropriate. Monitors budgets and initiates corrective action where required.
* Evaluates the capability of major subcontractors and suppliers, and works, in conjunction with Program, Engineering, Procurement and Subcontract personnel to maintain continuity in the delivery of products that meet Engineering and Production needs in time phase plan.
* Establishes effective interface with customers and their representatives. Participates in Customer Program Reviews, discussions and presentations. Demonstrates capability to meet customer needs and assures customer that Quality interests are maintained. Resolves contract interpretations early into the Program.
* Evaluates route cards, process sheets and establishes numerous inspection requirements by evaluating and monitoring process capabilities.
* Supports continuous improvement activities and remains focal point for Operations and program teams. Reviews and approves supplier's acceptance and qualification test plans and procedures. Assists with supplier evaluation and selection.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
* Five (5) + years of Quality Engineeringexperience with three (3) years of Manufacturing interface responsibilities.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* Experience operating in a defense contracting, aerospace environment
* Certifications from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._