Quality Engineer - Kohler WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQuality Engineer - Kohler WI
Are you someone who strives to ensure quality in products? Do you have experience with root cause analysis, corrective actions and other quality tools? Join Kohler Company today as a Quality Engineer with Kohler Engines!
The Quality Engineer implements and continuously improves corrective action activities in a manner that allows us to meet our business objectives. The Quality Engineer works with operations and/or suppliers in the development of control plans to reduce the number of related defects. The Quality Engineer will also be responsible for establishing and managing appropriate quality tracking mechanisms with the operations area to drive improvement based on real time data as well as utilizing quality data to prioritize issues to be addressed and lead/collaboratively work with all functions to establish true root cause and irreversible corrective actions.
* Establish and manage appropriate quality tracking mechanisms with the operations area to drive improvement based on real time data.
* Utilize above mentioned quality data to prioritize issues to be addressed and lead/collaboratively work with all functions to establish true root cause and irreversible corrective actions.
* Make appropriate cross functional decisions using quality analysis tools and critical thinking including cost/impact analysis and customer impact.
* Lead in the development and maintenance of control plans and inspection instructions.
* Develop and maintain appropriate controlled area for assembly non-conforming material.
* Daily production line support on making daily decisions related to product quality; serving as the voice of the customer.
* Participate in safety, cost, and delivery improvement initiatives.
* Participate in new product launch activity and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited program.
* Exposure in statistics and engineering terminology and total quality management.
* Proficiency in data collection and statistical analysis
* Ability to effectively interface with manufacturing.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to communicate cross functionally, internally/externally as well as to all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to manage and drive change.
* Must be able to lead, motivate and develop others.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
* ASQ CQE, Shainin Journeyman, or Green/Black Belt
* Automotive experience
* Knowledge of the AIAG q uality planning and control plan standard, dimensional layouts, gage/fixture design, and performance/material testing.
* Specific education, training and proficiency in quality disciplines including ISO, TS16949, PPAP, FMEA, DOE, and SPC.
Why Work at Kohler?
Kohler's mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.