This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQuality EngineerJob ID:
Quality Engineer REQ ID:
Malabar, Florida Job Description:* Develop and implement program quality plans, programs, and procedures using statistical quality control statistics and analyses.
* Ensure that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
* Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
* Perform trend analysis of defects. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
* Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
* Recommend corrective actions, dispositions and modifications.* Perform PFMEAs on critical processes.
* Advanced product Quality Planning, SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, problem solving methodologies and Lean Concepts.
* Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality metrics Qualifications:* Bachelors Degree in:
Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years' experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities.
* OR, Masters Degree in:
Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 0-2 years' experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities. Preferred Additional Skills:* Lean/Six Sigma training (Preference is certified green/black belt)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to both internal and external customers
* ASQ certification or demonstrated application of these principles on programs.
* Willingness to work 2nd/3rdshifts if required
* Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support customer commitments and business objectives
* Understanding of Windows environment including standard Microsoft Office tools is strongly preferred.
* Working knowledge of quality assurance principles.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment, yet maintain professional Quality separation.
* AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality system experience.
* DoD security clearance.
* Ability to task or give clear directions to new Quality Engineers and Quality Control team members Security Clearances Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Quality Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Malabar .