Responsible for customer satisfaction, quality planning, quality system developments, supplier development, assessment, improvement and surveillance; assists suppliers in implementation and improvement of quality systems to comply with requirements for raw materials and components.
* Responsible for ensuring that the products and services supplied meet customer and regulatory requirements
* Responsible for communicating customer requirements and expectations throughout the organization and developing systems to meet them
* Utilize knowledge and skills to provide products and services that are "World Class"
* Represent the company through extensive interface with the customer at all levels
* Responsible for establishing and/or updating quality documentation including Control Plans, PFMEA, DFMEA, DVP making recommendations for improvement.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Assists in all facets of suppliers' contribution to our product quality, safety, and delivery requirements.
* Responsible for quality system assessment of potential new suppliers.
* Works with new/existing suppliers toward implementation of controls to meet requirements as stated in the Supplier Requirements manual.
* Assists suppliers in resolution of quality concerns, corrective action, improvement efforts.
* Reviews supplier conformance with APQP requirements (FMEA's, Process Control Plans, Traceability, Process Capability Runs, MSA, PPAP content). Assists suppliers in establishing and improving these processes.
* Evaluates Supplier Process Control Plan execution. Works with supplier as needed to maintain, adjust and implement the plan.
* Works with suppliers regarding non-compliance to raw material specifications. Acts as representative for quality at suppliers.
* Reviews supplier proposed revisions to product/process to communicate understanding to leadership/verify feasibility at supplier.
* Verifies problem corrections at supplier.
* Reviews supplier performance data and audits key areas of concern/control.
* Proficient in communications, written and oral.
* Ability to travel extensively, domestic and international.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with experience in ISO-9001 and Six Sigma concepts.
* 7-10years of experience in manufacturing.
* Experience with automotive quality system requirements.
* Strong background in quality systems and parts manufacture/assembly.
* Understands effective implementation of SPC
* Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with broad range of people.
* Proficiency in MS Office software and experience with document control, process control, SPC software.
* Knowledge of basic electrical principles required.
* Takes actions and displays behaviors that demonstrate leadership and ownership in the success of the company and of his/her peers.
* Demonstrates primary focus on meeting both internal and external customer needs when identifying, prioritizing and accomplishing tasks.
* Works independently and overcomes obstacles to achieve results.
* Evaluates own work processes and initiates practices to promote continuous improvement Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions.
* Committed to continuous learning, self-improvement and system improvement
Salary and benefits to include:
* Choice of two health plans, vision, dental and life insurance; ancillary benefits; 401(k); company paid holidays and paid time off.
* The salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Must successfully complete a background check, a drug screen and a physical.