Quality Engineer - New Product Development - ST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT QUALITY ENGINEER will be responsible for specific quality topics for refrigerators within the North American market. The QualityEngineer analyzes quality problems in close cooperation with customer service in the region and manages corrective actions in cooperation with the global engineering network of Product Group Refrigeration (PRF) (locations e.g. in Germany, China, Turkey) and with OEM-suppliers. The QualityEngineer accounts for regional quality key performance indicators like TCR and appliance exchanges. Furthermore the QualityEngineer establishes a deep understanding about user habits, qualityrequirements as well as test specifications in / for the North America region.
The QualityEngineer participates in product projects that are conducted in the PRF global design engineering network and accounts for the formal technical release of appliances for sales in the North America region.
* Research and Relay Customer expectations to the New Product Development Group.
* Gather Customer expectations from meeting with the Customer Service and Sales teams, researching Social Media, web complaints, customer review sites
* Manage and sign-off the release of appliances for the sales in the market North America, new models and variants from a Quality perspective utilizing the PDM / Release Plan system.
* Investigate root cause and implement corrective actions for faults found in the field by customer service
* Back-up to global Design Engineering and QualityEngineering network as needed.
* Lead and/or assist on Technical Call Rate reduction projects.
* Collect and systematically document consumer habits and quality expectations (e.g. cosmetic standards) for the region
* Manage the internalQuality Alert System.
* Issue Internal and External Quality holds as needed.
* Cooperates with other individuals and groups as necessary.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Four-yeardegree in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials, Industrial or QualityEngineering required.
* Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks and be prompt in meeting deadlines.
* Working Knowledge of ISO and FMEA as well as state-of the art quality management methods
* Familiarity with all Microsoft products. Proficient in Excel, Access, and SAP is desired.
* Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred.
* 5 Years experience with Refrigeration products
* Experience working directly or indirectly with US Customers