This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQuality EngineerJob ID:
Quality Engineer Job ID:
SIS20162508-13788 Job Location:
Rochester, NY Job Description:
Product Assurance Engineer needed to develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished hardware on highly complex electro-optical, electronic & mechanical spaceflight assemblies. Works under general supervision and follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Duties more specifically include the coordination of support activities across multiple programs that range from inspections, associated with incoming material and build of assemblies, to review of test setups against procedure and data against pass fail criteria. Interface with customer quality representatives for build and test activities. Participate on Material Review Board (MRB) and Failure Review Board (FRB) meetings; provide drawing reviews, test procedure reviews and customer interface to these activities. Insure design modifications or updates meet all quality requirements while sitting as a member on the Configuration Control Board (CCB). May coordinate supplier support across multiple programs and will travel to suppliers to perform hardware inspections. Qualifications:* Minimum Bachelor Degree in technical discipline with 0-2 years of experience.
* Value based Six Sigma knowledge and proven ability to work through root cause analysis
* Must be able to be certified to NASA-STD-8739.1, 2, 3 and 4 or have current certifications
* Willing to work periodic on-call support over off-shifts, weekends and holidays
* Willing and able to work in a cleanroom environment for extended periods of time
* Basic knowledge of manufacturing, materials, contract administration, industrial, test and design engineering.
* Considerable knowledge of quality control methods and procedures, military specifications as they apply to the electronics industry, reliability requirements of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical equipment and surveillance methods and procedures
* Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and be willing to submit to a background investigation, as a government security clearance might be required for this position. Preferred Additional Skills:* Black or Green Belt Certification highly desired
* Experience with TipQA (Quality Control System) preferred
* Familiarity with Configuration Control Management
* Efficient with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T)
* Small leadership experience
* Experience with performing Failure Analysis (FA) and Construction Analysis (CA) utilizing the necessary electrical tests and measurements, plus many of the advanced analytical techniques of physics, metallurgy and chemistry
* Able to work well in fast paced environment
* Excellent communication skills for ongoing interactions with peers and customers Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Operations Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .