This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Designation
The Quality Engineer provides a range of expertise to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed. Participates in assuring a high reliability and proper performance per product requirements.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Interpret contractual requirements and format comprehensive programs to ensure compliance with the contract and MPC (Rockmart) procedures.
* Thoroughly review at CER's, RFQ's and customer quality requirements to ensure proper implementation within Operations and Quality Assurance.
* Review and properly code all MPC (Rockmart) purchase orders related to hardware and packaging for organization and customer flow down requirements.
* Responsible for quality assurance test and inspection activies associated with the program; and must ensure that the tasks undertaken by the support groups are completed properly and on time.
* Chairperson for the Product Review Team (PRT) to evaluate and determine disposition on defective products.
* Leeds Root Cause Analysis initiaties for process and product related concerns.
* Conduct First Article Inspections as required by the organization and customer to the AS9102 standard.
* Conduct Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* Develop control plans and subsequent quality inspection techniques and plans.
* Serve as the local Point of Contact (POC) for quality realted matters for supplier, customer and Government corrective actions, audits, and general inquiries.
* Audit the assigned product area for compliance to AS9100.
* Defines and conducts both systematic/methodical and random/arbitrary tests to ensure proper performance of Meggitt products.
* Consistent exercise of indepent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May be asked to work nights and weekends; variable schedule(s) and additional hours as business dictates.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
* Knowledge of complex Quality Engineering processes and regulatory requirements
* Excellent ability to apply a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
* Ability to prioritize tasks based upon risk
* Ability to multi-task
* Advanced knowledge and ability to apply core concepts of engineering
* Ability to interpret internal/external business challenges and make recommendations for improvements to products, processes or services
* Ability to explain a range of complex technical information
* Demonstrated analytical skills to proactively identify and solve problems
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion