PerkinElmer - SHELTON, CT
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth
and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health
Science markets. The company is a leading force in the
development, production, marketing, servicing, and
supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary
services throughout the world.
The Shelton Quality Assurance team is looking for a
Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting new
product introductions, manufacturing process
improvements and achieving strategic quality goals. This
position will report to the site Quality Leader and will
lead continuous improvement efforts aimed at meeting
customers quality, cost, and on-time delivery
expectations. This role is also responsible for
supporting and maintaining the sites Quality Management
System in compliance with the following standards and
requirements: ISO9001:2008, FDA s QSR (Quality System
Regulations 21CFR820) and ISO 13485:2003.
* Planning and managing product quality during
transfer to production, including design and process
* Process analysis and improvement through utilization
of statistical tools and six sigma methodologies.
* Lead and/or participate in specific production yield
* Support and where applicable conduct internal and
external audits as well as quality performance
analysis and reporting.
* Work with Purchasing and Supplier Quality
Engineering to improve quality and reduce cost.
* Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent required.
BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics preferred.
* Understanding and familiarity with ISO9001:2008,
FDA s QSR (Quality System Regulations 21CFR820) and
* Formal training in root cause analysis and
statistical techniques in a manufacturing
environment with Six Sigma/Lean training and
certification highly desired.
* Experience designing, building, and/or debugging
electro-mechanical assemblies desired, as well as
knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
requires interaction with managers, supervisors,
engineers, and hourly associates in a fast pace
* ASQ certified Quality Engineer and/or ASQ certified
Black Belt is beneficial.
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
/ Blackberry hand held device / Laptop computer /
ongoing training and development / Comprehensive
benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Tuition
reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate
vesting / An environment that fosters career growth