Quality Engineer 9/16/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location : US - St. Louis, St. Louis Missouri US 63120
Job Type : Permanent
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Quality
Job Description :
SKF Lincoln is a world class manufacturer of lubrication and specialized fluid pumping systems for industrial markets.
SUMMARY: Direct and support assigned vendors globally that manufacture components and finished goods for SKF Lincoln.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop global vendors and suppliers to assure that products delivered to Lincoln meet published schedules and specifications
* Lead on-site vendor audits and corrective action verifications
* Assist Quality and Purchasing Departments in the development of critical suppliers
* Work with Production, Purchasing and Quality Assurance regarding timely receipt of quality products from assigned vendors
* Coordinate assigned DTS vendors with periodic in-house parts audit
* Periodic travel, can be up to a two week trip
* Must be able to secure necessary passport and visas
Job Requirements :
Engineering degree (BMME/IE) or equivalent work experience utilizing SPC
Knowledge of machining assembly practices and gauging theory is a plus
2-3 years of quality, purchasing and/or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
Prior experience necessary with ISO 9000 or related quality system.
SKF Lincoln is an equal opportunity/affirmative employer. The preferred method of application is through our career site at SKF Jobs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to HR Jobs@skf.com or call the Human Resources Department at 314-679-4200.