Quality Engineer 8/18/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Incumbent provides technical support to one or more areas of quality including technical problem solving and identification and implementation of continuous improvement ideas. Assure that the processes and products exceed Customer and Company QualityRequirements by means of learning and the applications of new quality methodologies, coordinating improvement activities in the productive process with all involved or support departments.
* Determine need for validation of new or changes to molds, equipment or processes
* Define inspection sampling plans and acceptance criteria.
* Develop, verify, and document product standard test procedures (STP's).
* Ensure the accuracy and adequacy of quality control inspection plans (QCIP's) and standard test procedures (STP's) for purchased and manufactured components and finished goods to meet the latest quality and system specifications.
* Analyze process capability data and other quality metrics in order to propose specification or process changes to Engineering.
* Lead root-cause investigations (RCI) and corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) activities to address customer complaints, internal non-conformances and audit observations.
* Lead and participate in internal and supplier quality audits.
* Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures.
* Approve and follow up for ECR's, ECO's, PPAP's, e-CATS.
* Supports QA functions in processing RMA's, First Article Inspections, and Source Inspections.
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent,
* 5 to 7 years direct QA/QE experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Prefer Certified QualityEngineer by American Society for Quality (ASQ)
* Strong problem solving skills with ability to teach basic problem solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
* Expert in quality management tools such as APQP PPAP FMEA MSA SPC
* Experience in developing part certification processes and vendor quality measures. Strong knowledge of fabrication based quality control methods, tools and techniques.
* Strong engineering analysis skills.
* Strong communication, presentation and team skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
* Strong data analysis and reporting skills.
* Strong interpersonal and customer interface skills.
* Able to lead and facilitate cross functional teams.
HONEYWELL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.