Quality Engineer (Senior)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a multi-billion dollar US based manufacturer is currently seeking a Senior QualityEngineer to fill a need at one of their premier manufacturing facilities in Fayetteville, NC. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in quality with 3+ years in a tier one supplier to the automotive industry. Must have machine shop experience, for example : cutting, stamping, bending, welding, grinding of metals.
Provides support for qualityengineering functions which are essential at Product Development, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance ensuring product is built in accordance to customer and division qualityrequirements.
* Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
* Reports to the qualitymanager on the performance of the quality management system and any improvement requirements.
* Supervisory responsibilities for plant qualityengineering and as assigned by management. Will be required to train, coach and mentor in support of total quality team development.
* Provides for the development of team members in areas such as problem solving, statistical techniques and other quality tools as needed.
* Ensures processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
* Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
* Performs qualityengineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
* Support in carrying out plant wide quality functions to meet customer requirements through training, teaching and coaching quality and manufacturing personnel.
* Direct professional interface with customers.
* Reviews customer qualityrequirements against existing procedures and modifies or creates procedures to satisfy customer requirements.
* Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
* Resolves problems using a structured 8-D problem solving methodology solutions that may involve new techniques, technologies or concepts.
* Ensure effective customer corrective actions are in place to prevent problem recurrence.
* Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
* Directs activities to support and maintain TS 16949 procedures and work instructions in supporting qualityrequirements.
* Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
* Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
* Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
* Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
* At least 5 Years of experience in multiple aspects of Quality.
* Bachelordegree in Engineering MS or MBA preferred.
* Demonstrated success in establishing positive relationships with customers.
* Experience implementing ISO 9000 and TS16949 requirements.
* Experience in all aspects of quality (plant level supplier product development and launch customer satisfaction and warranty).
* Experienced in working with purchasing program management engineering and manufacturing on multifunctional projects.
* International assignment or exposure.
* Quality certifications desired (CQE, CRE, Black Belt, etc.).
* Builds Teams
* Promote collaboration and remove obstacles to teamwork.
* Celebrate and reward teams for significant organizational achievements.
* Create a feeling of energy, excitement, and personal investment in team performance.
* Involve team members in shaping plans and decisions that affect them.
* Foster the development of a common vision with teams.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with ethical standards.
* Show consistency between words and actions.
* Deliver on commitments.
* Have the confidence and trust of others.
DRIVES FOR BUSINESS RESULTS
* Understand and use key financial indicators to exceed aggressive financial goals.
* Consistently demonstrate strong personal commitment to the organization's success.
* Effectively balance long-term objectives with near-term financial objectives.
* Demonstrate a consistent record of achieving strong results and outstanding accomplishments.
DRIVES FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
* Quickly embrace new technology to increase capabilities.
* Eliminate roadblocks, barriers, and inefficiencies.
* Create an environment in which no one tolerates complacency.
* Redesign or ask others to redesign systems and processes to increase effectiveness.
* Drive rigorous internal and external benchmarking of performance.
* Use metrics and performance measures to track progress.
FOSTERS OPEN COMMUNICATION
* Encourage communication and information flow across boundaries.
* Foster the use of technology to improve communication with others.
* Listen and respond to input and concerns expressed by others.
* Provide other with open access to information.
* Promote open discussion of ideas.
COMMITTED TO CUSTOMERS
* Consistently drive for increased responsiveness and pro-activity, especially in regard to meeting and anticipating customer needs.
* Focus the organization on efforts that identify and add significant value to customers.
* Seek and use feedback from customers.
* Continually search for ways to improve customer service.
* Meet commitments to internal and external customers on time.
* Align own part of the organization and allocate resources according to strategic priorities.
* Translate business strategies into clear objectives and tactics.
* Develop strategies to enhance the organization's competitiveness,
* Demonstrate ability to achieve advances which change the rules of competition.
* Display insight into the competitors' and potential competitors' strengths, weakness, and strategies.
* Have thorough knowledge of this industries history and growth patterns.