Quality Engineer Supervisor - Stamping
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising and administering the activities of the Stamping Quality Department and their quality functions to ensure customer satisfaction. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Manage the principal job duties of the stamping QC technicians and inspectors.
* Provide customer service at the plant level including 8D root cause and corrective action.
* Lead, facilitate, and participate on problem solving and natural work teams.
* Develop, implement, and maintain departmental standard operating procedures and work instructions.
* Procure and maintain test equipment, computer hardware and software.
* Disposition of internal quality issues and customer returns.
* Participate in design reviews and FMEA s.
* Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping practices.
* Pursue continuous cost improvements/savings thru quality improvements.
* Implement Market Based Management.
* Manage SPC utilization and effectiveness.
* Quality management system maintenance including quality records, WI, control plans, FMEA, PPAP, and compliance with Divisional and plant SOPs.
* Manage the creation and maintenance of customer PPAP s.
* Supplier quality management duties including issuing QNs, providing samples, and managing returns.
* Conduct monthly department Quality meetings.
* Interface with customer and third party auditors to satisfy program requirements and/or TS/ISO/OHSAS compliance.
* Provide guidance in the development of and analysis of inspection, vision and gauging techniques.
* Interface with suppliers regarding quality issues and qualifications.
* Actively support Global Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and programs.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Accountable in providing Lincoln Management team data support and facilitation of customer quality related issues. Has the authority to ensure integrity and effectiveness of the customer quality management process.
A technical degree in a related field, or commensurate experience, is required. A Bachelor s degree in engineering is highly preferred. Two to five years supervisory experience with three to five years of quality control experience is required. Training or experience in the following: High-speed precision Stamping, Electroplating, Automotive Quality Management Systems and Environmental Standards greatly preferred. Must have the ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed, must be available for travel. Must work well with others. Good understanding of computer hardware and software including Excel, PowerPoint, Mini-Tab, and SAP. Effective interpersonal skills. Good time management, organizational, communication and presentation skills. Sound decision-making skills and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Experience with SPC & Gage Capability desired.