This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
Under immediate supervision, applies standard engineering principles, concepts, theories, and techniques to routine assignments in support of business objectives and will be responsible for providing fundamental engineering leadership and expertise. May conduct feasibility studies, determine manpower and cost estimates, and develop engineering criteria. Performs primary analyses to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems, and components. May apply originality, ingenuity, and knowledge of other disciplines in solving basic technical issues. Emphasis will be placed on team participation, ability to plan, and ability to achieve results on assigned projects.
* Completes engineering tasks within oversight of leadership.
* Coaches basic engineering tasks to others.
* Seeks and receives mentoring from Senior Level and Engineering Leadership.
* Applies basic supply chain cost, value stream capabilities, and economic principles.
* Applies problem-solving skills and executes solutions to problems independently.
* Seeks approval of budget owner using appropriate request process.
* Follows engineering and quality processes.
* Applies learned engineering skills to work assignments.
* Takes good notes, showing work and assumptions.
* Performs additional responsiblities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Engineering/Technical degree from an accredited program or two-year Technical degree in related field with five years of applicable engineering experience.
* Two to four years of professional engineering experience or zero to three years of specialty engineering experience, applicable internship/co-op experience, and experience with participating and leading projects.
* Project management experience may be essential for some assignments.
* Knowledgeable in Lean principles and application.
* Must be able to assess process concepts and determine where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with people at various levels including Production, Engineering, and Management, and be able to work well with and develop a partnering relationship with other team members.
* Knowledgeable in the use of common office automation, communication, software, and tools, Herman Miller mainframe applications, and engineering-related software.
* Must be a skilled problem-solver and be able to apply engineering expertise to problem solving.
* Must be able to assess priorities and determine course of action with minimal day-to-day supervision and be able to anticipate, recognize, and respond effectively to changes which affect project plans.
* Must have an overall business sense and understand how decisions impact business results.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.