Quality Engineering Asst. - Summer Internship
The Appliances business unit of TE Connectivity is currently seeking a Quality Engineering Intern to work at our manufacturing facility in Lickdale, PA. We are currently hiring for each of the following sessions: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. This position will report to the Senior Quality Manager.
Quality Engineering is responsible for sustaining quality engineering activities for product offerings to assure product performance and design requirements are fulfilled. This includes a variety of activities including design review, definition of inspection and test requirements, qualification and re-qualification testing, analysis and resolution of product discrepancies, product and quality system improvement activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist Quality Engineers with development of quality plans, test and inspection methods, measuring equipment, etc. associated with new or existing connector designs
* Assist with qualification and re-qualification testing including test matrix design, methodology, equipment, sample preparation, etc.
* Review of customer specifications for quality requirements.
* Review of engineering changes under the direction of Quality Engineers.
* Assist in cost reduction or improvement projects by working closely with Quality, Manufacturing and Product engineering. This may involve product or process design changes, inspection and test methodology, statistical studies related to process efficiencies and yields, reduction or elimination of nonconforming product, etc.
* Assist with investigation, analysis and problem solving of quality issues related to customer, supplier and internal manufacturing issues.
* Improvement and change activities associated with quality systems and specifications.
* A current junior or senior attending an accredited institution pursuing a degree in Quality Engineering or in a related field such as mechanical or industrial engineering
* Process Engineering experience or Six Sigma/Lean project implementation experience is a plus
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major Field of Study
* Demonstration of our Core Values in every day work environment: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork & Innovation
* Ability to successfully communicate across all levels and functions within the organization and facility
* Ability to work independently of others as well as in a team setting
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
TE Connectivity s summer internship program consists of a 12 14 week program including various interactions with senior management and other interns cross-functionally. TE Connectivity offers an opportunity to contribute and lead various projects in a global, fast-paced environment.