Quality Engineering Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
TE Connectivity has a Quality Internship available at our manufacturing site in Greensboro, NC. This role will provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples. They will also ensure that quality systems are robust and functioning to ensure customers receive quality products.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
* Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
* Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, Weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
* Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
* Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
* Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, and x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
* Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
* Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American society of quality control certified quality engineer qualification.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and who meets the following qualifications:
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Ability to understand and execute project solving techniques to identify solutions
* Can communicate with all levels to get everyone on board.
* Planning/organization & time management skills
* Ability to effectively and efficiently lead cross functionally as well as with suppliers and customers.
* Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
* Ability to build customer relationships and act as voice of the customer within the internal organization
* Proactive and continual improvement mind set