Quality Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
KLA-Tencor has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineering Manager to join the Global Operations team with the following responsibilities:
* Manage a team of quality engineers (local/offshore/3PL) and electron optics engineers
* Establish programs and actions to meet committed quality performance goals
* Key operational excellence leader to drive improvement in KT business systems and results
* Drive Global Ops compliance with established quality policies, processes, practices and tools
* Drive supplier activities to meet set quality goals including SPC goals
* Establish and drive the quality improvement initiatives for the division
* Bachelors and/or advanced degree in engineering discipline combined with 10+ years of experience participating and/or managing a Quality Engineering function and team for sophisticated engineering systems or equipment
* Experience with managing multi-national engineering/technical teams
* The candidate must be able to resolve quality related issues and support engineering, manufacturing and field account teams. He/she must have the ability/willingness to travel (up to 25%) to supplier sites as required for audits, training and other escalations as needed
* Strong background in Manufacturing methods, SPC protocol, and supplier audit procedures
* Must work well in a matrixed environment and be a solution provider
* Comfortable communicating and collaborating with senior management and executives on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers
* Demonstrated experience driving continuous improvement initiatives
* Knowledge of KLA-Tencor inspection tools is desired
* Familiarity with lasers, light sources and PCBA are a plus
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across all levels
* Strong problem-solving and hands-on approach are required
* Strong data mining and analysis skills
* Strong proficiency in MS Project, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
* Bachelor Level Degree and 5 years of experience OR
* Master Level Degree and 4 years of experience OR
* Doctorate (Academic) Degree and 3 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development